Sony A100 / Promaster 7500DX - optical trigger problem

Flatland2D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just picked up a Promaster 7500DX for my A100 today. I've got the flash working fine when it's on camera, but I'm having trouble getting it to sync properly in wireless mode. This is my first flash so there might be something I'm missing. The 7500DX fires in wireless mode, but it appears to be firing before the camera begins the exposure. Any ideas?

If this doesn't work out I may just take it back and get a 56AM instead. I'd like to also be able to use the flash as a hairlight in my future studio setup.

I'm unsure if that flash is specifically labled to work with the sony models and unsure if there would be a problem in that alone.

Just make sure both the flash and camera are in wireless mode and both on the same channel. I've used the 56 on my alpha in wireless mode and it has worked great. So my rec. might be to go get the sony flash

If you are firing your on camera flash to trigger the promaster, make sure there is not setting for your camera to fire a "pre-flash". This would obviously cause the promaster to fire early.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back