Soon to be upgrading

GDHLEWIS

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Morning, Afternoon, Good evening, where ever you may be in this world of ours.

I am currently running a Nikon D3200, Iv had it for 2 years now and still love it but I feel I need to upgrade for two reasons.

1. I find myself taking more and more photos in low to very low light conditions.
2. I find when using a few of my lenses (Tamron 180 macro & Ronkinon 16mm) I find the camera is not overly comfortable to hold whilst shooting. The grip just doesn't feel deep enough.
3. I live in a very hot, humid and dusty country and weather sealing is a big appeal to me, my D3200 has had it rough in the last two years and once the new camera arrives will have to go and be fully cleaned inside and out by the dealership . . . poor thing needs it.

So the main contender is either the D7000 or D7100 as I want to stay with Nikon and cant really afford and warrant going full frame as a few of my lenses are DX. I am sure there must be others out there that have done similar switches from D3200 - D7000 or D7100.

How did you find the switch? I wont be getting the new camera till Christmas so plenty of time to go and play with one in the shops and drool.
Any one have the D7000 or D7100, how do you find the camera? how is it for holding over long periods of time? Low light handling?

I am by no way a good photographer out of a 100 shots one might be worth while but I still enjoy learning the game, hoping the wife will learn to use the D3200 once I get the new toy.

Hope some one can give a little bit of info.

Thanks

The D7100 is significantly better than the D7000.

The image sensor in the D7100 has slightly better low light performance than the D7000.
A big difference is the D7100's Multi-CAM 3500 DX, 51 point, 15 cross-type points, auto focus module.
The D7100 can do up to 5 auto exposure brackets. The D7000 can only do a max of 3.

Nikon D7100 versus Nikon D7000 - Side by side camera comparison - DxOMark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back