Soooo, Printing now.....

Rachelsne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just printed a couple of pictures on my new C4480 from my calibrated monitor but I have a couple of questions

I know my printer is not top of the line, and I am trying to print some cat pictures to take to the shelter I volunteer for so the founder (who is sick in hospital and loves the cats) can see the kitties. I am not expecting the pictures to be brilliant but...

I am using sRGB in the printer control menu, I edited my pictures in Raw and cropped them to 4x6 in photoshop elements 6. The pictures seem sharp and crisp on my monitor but dull and flat on my printer, Is there anything I can do to keep the pictures sharp and bright. (or are they too dark and I need to recalibrate?)

I am wondering if I loose sharpness because the original file is so large? any help, or point me to to a thread with easy to understand FAQ's would be great, I did do a search but nothing really came up.

2868529263_9d8db800dd_o.jpg

Are you using sRGB for your colourspace across the board? That is, camera, computer, printer?

You won't lose sharpness due to a large file, much more likely the opposite.

Most inkjet printers have a rudimentary calibration whereby you can print out a sheet of all the different hues of each colour and pick the one that suits. Check your instruction manual/Printer Properties

What kind of paper are you using?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back