Sorry...

I've built several pc's including the one i'm using now which is just finished: AMD 64 3700+, 2 GB RAM, 120GB SATA HDD, 2 Nvidia Geforce 6800GTs running in SLi, all crammed into an Antec Sonata case. :drool:

I spend at least 70% of my life either in front of or selling stuff computer related.

Whats wrong with that?

Doesn't mean I can't be normal too :), just ask the girlfriend.

Daniel said:
Why are you all trying to out-geek each other? :shock:

:!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!:

Scurra said:
I've built several pc's including the one i'm using now which is just finished: AMD 64 3700+, 2 GB RAM, 120GB SATA HDD, 2 Nvidia Geforce 6800GTs running in SLi, all crammed into an Antec Sonata case. :drool:

I spend at least 70% of my life either in front of or selling stuff computer related.

Whats wrong with that?

I think it's just becoming normal to be a nerd. ;)

No, you're clearly next level nerderation.

Go on wid yo bad self.

...nerd.

No, no, no... THIS is building your own computer. I haven't done one myself (my good friend did an Apple ][ clone back in the day), but I built my digital alarm clock and a telephone ringer replacement with a sampler chip so you can make the phone ring sound like whatever you want. I built the clock in the early 80's and still use it, but the ringer was only breadboarded, so it didn't last long.

But I'm more of a software guy. I can code in:
BASIC & VisualBASIC
PASCAL
COBOL
FORTRAN
C & C++
A whole lot of various scripting languages, whether system or program based.
HTML isn't actually a programming language, so that doesn't count.
JavaScript
Perl
ASP
PHP
SQL
There's probably more. At this point, if I need to learn a new language, I just need the reference book and I can go.

Have played p&p D&D for over 20 years, though with breaks.
Babylon 5 was the best television series ever made, though Battlestar Galactica has a good chance of making that claim if they keep this up.
Lucas used to be God, but Whedon is my master now.
I buy comics to read them.
My main system has two monitors.
My linux server is "silent" and has a touch-screen for selecting and playing my music collection. (It can also run from an infrared remote, but that's currently acting flakey.)
My first Linux install was Slackware 3.0.

I'm a geek. Not as fond of "nerd" though.

Oh, and girls have cooties.

markc said:
No, no, no... THIS is building your own computer. I haven't done one myself (my good friend did an Apple ][ clone back in the day), but I built my digital alarm clock and a telephone ringer replacement with a sampler chip so you can make the phone ring sound like whatever you want. I built the clock in the early 80's and still use it, but the ringer was only breadboarded, so it didn't last long.

But I'm more of a software guy. I can code in:
BASIC & VisualBASIC
PASCAL
COBOL
FORTRAN
C & C++
A whole lot of various scripting languages, whether system or program based.
HTML isn't actually a programming language, so that doesn't count.
JavaScript
Perl
ASP
PHP
SQL
There's probably more. At this point, if I need to learn a new language, I just need the reference book and I can go.

Have played p&p D&D for over 20 years, though with breaks.
Babylon 5 was the best television series ever made, though Battlestar Galactica has a good chance of making that claim if they keep this up.
Lucas used to be God, but Whedon is my master now.
I buy comics to read them.
My main system has two monitors.
My linux server is "silent" and has a touch-screen for selecting and playing my music collection. (It can also run from an infrared remote, but that's currently acting flakey.)
My first Linux install was Slackware 3.0.

I'm a geek. Not as fond of "nerd" though.

Oh, and girls have cooties.

Hmmm...you've been playing D&D for about 3 or 4 years longer than my boyfriend...you might have him beat. But you say you are a geek, and not a nerd...you must be the king of the neighboring region "Geekador".

markc you don't look old enough to have played Dungeons and Dragons (nerds abbreviate) for 20 years.

Awwww poor arty. But to be honest I didn't miss ya coz I haven't been hanging round much recently either!! My life sounds as busy as yours at the moment!

guess what! I just arrived yesterday in Brisbane to live with my b/f. We drove the 18 hour drive from Cairns to here in 2 days and now we're stuffed but it's sooo much fun!

Scurra said:

Whats wrong with that?

6800GT's running in SLI!!!...Im running an 5500...that I think I burnt out...I hate you scurra (everything else on my pc is similar spec)

Ty for the replies guys...ill update yah a tad!

Just did my exam, forgot they come in two's so ive revised one half brilliantly, the second half was all working on from last year...and I had to pay for the exam...:(

Everything else...:S

Most reactions

New Topics

Back