• Photo 4

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Vicelord John

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to print one of these pictures and frame it for my parents for christmas. Now, before you tell me they aren't good enough to print, I know that, but they will think they are great and will love it regardless. Please vote for your favorite, discounting the city shot. Thanks!

Photo 1 Tumacacori:
DSC_1206.jpg

Photo 2 I see dead people's graves:
DSC_1202.jpg

Photo 3 The shadow of death:
DSC_1200.jpg

Photo 4 Enough pot for everyone!
DSC_1198.jpg

Photo 5 Lonely:
DSC_1185.jpg

Tucson on top of Sentinel Peak:
DSC_1213.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, you actually made Tucson look nice.....Is that San Xavier mission?

Never mind that question, I went back and actually read your post. that helps a lot. I like the different angles. Not just the usual frontal view of the mission.

Last edited:
yeah, we did go to San Xavier as well but there were a lot of people so I had a hard time getting anything interesting.

I'm also interested in printing one of these to give to my parents for christmas. I know they aren't amazing pictures that are truly print worthy, but they will love it because it is something I made, and it won't cost a lot to do.

So, does anyone have a pic that would be the best one?

I would print Photo 5 "lonely" personally. I'm not sure what matches your parents' taste more, but I get a general feeling of calm looking at the photo. It is well composed and the field of warm and muted colors convey pleasant weather and relaxing times, and the blue interruption from the window gives the photo a sense of depth while keeping the image simple.

I know! I messed up and it won't let me edit the poll.

Oh well. I like 5 and 6. It is pretty how you used the window in 5. Nice shots though.
TJ

#1 Too simple compared to the lot.
#2 The shadow.
#3 Nice.
#4 Very nice.
#5 Very , very nice.
#6 Everyone'as done it once.
JMO.
Cheers.

#2 The shadow.
#3 Nice.
#4 Very nice.
#5 Very , very nice.
JMO.
Cheers.
OH MAN!

I didn't even notice that shadow. I easily could have shot another cross and got rid of the shadow, but I really wanted those flowers.

And I don't know what you mean about #6.... I think it is underexposed, are you saying it doesn't look good or that everyone has done that shot once?

The shot of downtown from the mountain.

I usually made it a point to get up there at least once a year.

#5 would be my second choice.

wait, you both have been to tucson and taken that picture?

what are the chances??:lol:

The first one has a brilliantly blue sky. Doesn't matter to me if it is simple. It does seem to have more impact if I do not scroll down to include the mission's wall. Took the liberty to do a screen capture and crop using "Rule of Thirds".

Tumacron.jpg

#5 is my first choice to, maybe a little PP. You say not to consider #6, but I would print it anyway, at least at some point.

Any of these (with a little PP work) would look cool on a square canvas frame. Maybe someday complete them as a series, all on the wall of the same room.

I know how parents are, they would LOVE what their kid did...

#2 The shadow.
#3 Nice.
#4 Very nice.
#5 Very , very nice.
JMO.
Cheers.
OH MAN!

I didn't even notice that shadow. I easily could have shot another cross and got rid of the shadow, but I really wanted those flowers.

And I don't know what you mean about #6.... I think it is underexposed, are you saying it doesn't look good or that everyone has done that shot once?

Yes, I meant that everyone has his own shot like that in there library. It's OK, but nothing much compared to the other fantastic shots. I really like 4,5,6.

wait, you both have been to tucson and taken that picture?

what are the chances??:lol:
Been to Tucson? Sentinel Peak is known to the locals as "A" Mountain.

I grew up and lived in Tucson until just a few years ago. To put things in perspective I graduated fom high school in 1969.

Many don't know it, but The University of Arizona's College of Optical Sciences is considered the largest institute for optics education in the United States. It is dedicated to research and education in optics with an emphasis on engineering so there is somewhat of a connection between Tucson and photography.

Most reactions

Back