Spontaneous portrait of my pet ... erm...

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... my husband, sorry, how could that slip of tongue happen to me????

Taken on Sunday:

Andreasam8-7-07.jpg

(Background nicely provided by a person wearing a shirt of this colour standing at the counter behind Andreas).

Light: window light from behind me.
Lens: my new toy :lovey: - the 50mm lens.

I like this. :) Though, he doesn't look too happy to have his photo snapped.
The red shirt does make quite a nice background, good timing on your part? Or were they fairly stationary? Either way it looks nice. The lightning is also very nice :)
I can also see where Sabine's eye color comes from (though I haven't seen a close enough photo of your own eyes to say with absolute certainty.)

This is the "happiest" look I can get out of him whenever he sees the lens being pointed at him. Now this new lens is tiny, and thus "friendlier" than the other, my so-far usual 70-300mm lens that had been my favourite until the 50mm came into my life. But when I say "smile", his smile will invariably look forced.

That person who formed my background "sheet" was waiting for the cashier to come and get the money for some museum postcards he had bought, I think, so he was fairly stationary. I saw the situation, the light from the window in Andreas's eyes, and ... couldn't resist :D.

And yes, he sure contributed to Sabine's eye-colour, though mine are a kind of green, too, and most of all his BROTHER's eyes are the very light green that Sabine's eyes also have.

ETA:
You can see his brother (and his light-green eyes) in this_thread with photos taken LAST year on 8 July, which is my father-in-law's birthday, and last year we spent it on an East Frisian island in the North Sea, and this year we all met up for lunch, a walk along the new harbour sites and a visit to the newest museum in Bremerhaven - and this (above) was the last photo I took on that day, i.e. after we had all been through the museum.

nice shot. he bares a striking resemblance to an american actor whose name escapes me at the moment. uncanny... do you know who i am talking about?

Oh :shock:
(I don't know neither show nor actor, mind you)
DH might not be too amused by this comparison, for that actor is TOTALLY bald save the circle of hair, while my DH says he has at least still SOME there on the top of his head! ;)
Ach, his hair ... or loss of it ... his big, big sorrow!

Oh :shock:
(I don't know neither show nor actor, mind you)
DH might not be too amused by this comparison, for that actor is TOTALLY bald save the circle of hair, while my DH says he has at least still SOME there on the top of his head! ;)
Ach, his hair ... or loss of it ... his big, big sorrow!

I did not mean any offense to your husband or his follicles when I tried to answer holga girl's question, Corinna! ;-) I was merely referring to the facial resemblance only... :)

NJ

Yes, I know. I was joking a bit... he is a bit (just a trifle) obsessed with the loss of his hair, see ;).

I did not mean any offense to your husband or his follicles when I tried to answer holga girl's question, Corinna! ;-) I was merely referring to the facial resemblance only... :)

NJ

same here, no offense meant... i just saw striking resemblance in the faces. my husband too is bald. he lost it young, 29, and now just shaves it all off. we spend more money on hats.....

Well, I had a bit of a play with some pics of late, testing out this much mentioned tone mapping (by creating pseudo-HDR from single RAW files, I must admit), and this is one of the portrait-style photos I played with just for fun and for testing. I did not go the "cartoon" way, though, I though that would have been a bit much. But what do you say now?

hdrvonandreasam8707.jpg

Far too red? Far too many colours? Far too saturated?

I like the first one better. Bit to much red for me kind of takes awayf rom him. I actualy like the look on his face especially the expression in his eyes, something very tender and thoughtful about it.

(To be honest, I prefer the un-HDR-ed pic, too
whisper.gif
... this was just play)

Yes, the first photo is great. There is something almost regal about it as if your husband could be wearing a large ruffled collar medieval shirt under a felt coat and not look out of place in the least. LOL, call me crazy if you will. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back