spring flow

bean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Two from today...I was very impressed how they came out, considering these shots were handheld, and my 'neutral density filter' being a pair of sunglasses 8)
Disclaimer: I wouldn't recommend to anyone to do what I just did for these photos, the water was flowing about 50-60mph and if I had slipped I surely would have drowned.
With that aside...

f1cf01be.jpg

4a8268e6.jpg

I have plenty more, this is just a 'sampler' :)

Good results for the risk taken. I'm happy to see that i'm not the only photographer who thinks "Hmmm, that looks pretty dangerous!" AFTER you get back into a safe zone :) I've done it many a time and will continue to do so because i'm nuts :crazy:

I love the composition on that second one. I'm not to big on the brown water really but the are very cool none the less. Good job!

Whoa! Gallant effort with brilliant results. The water seems to be spilling out of both the frames.

I too have had some pretty scary moments trying to get THE shot. Definitely not some of my prouder moments. The shots came out, so what the heck?

Very nicely done. That's some churned up water; I'm not wild about the dirty water flow, either, but the shots are still great. Was this just after a big rain event?

Glad you & camera made it out of there without a misstep! :D

terri said:
Very nicely done. That's some churned up water; I'm not wild about the dirty water flow, either, but the shots are still great. Was this just after a big rain event?

Nope, this is the result of the spring snow melt (you southerners don't have much of that...) That's why it's so dirty. Usually the creek is about 1/4 the width of what you see there. There's a 100ft waterfall upstream a bit but the trail was completely washed out. I have to explore the few other creeks in the area because I'm sure they have just as much flow.
I'm glad I only had my digital with me because my SLR would never had survived.
Some probably think I'm nuts but I enjoy standing 2 inches from the edge of a 100 foot waterfall drop :lol:

Nope, this is the result of the spring snow melt (you southerners don't have much of that...

You're SO right.....I escaped the Michigan snow melts and don't miss it at all! :wink:

What we DO have here is the infamous red clay.... :? a beautiful sparkling river can (and does) get churned up into an ugly reddish brown-looking mess after a hard rain. So, I tend to notice stuff like that. :D

Most reactions

Back