Spring Flowers and Faces - cc Please

CPortraiture

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How did I do on my outdoor lighting? I just got a new reflector that I am dying to try out... maybe this weekend. These were a little over exposed with shadows around the eyes... how did I do on my pp "fix's" Did I just create a different problem? Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

L

DSC_0092-2.jpg

DSC_0107-2.jpg

DSC_0052-2.jpg

DSC_0123-2.jpg

DSC_0104-22.jpg

No comments... were they really that boring?

i like the girls eyes in the first one. wide open. but i would like them a touch darker. as it is they don't pop out. mabey just a bit more contrast on them. i like her face lighting though. the tree is a bit distracting. she's not really interacting with it, so it's kind of just there. but again, beautiful expression you captured. i like the last one as well, but would have liked his eyes more open like in number two (i know it's bright out so it's hard to get kids to open their eyes wide, but we can keep hoping!)

i like the girls eyes in the first one. wide open. but i would like them a touch darker. as it is they don't pop out. mabey just a bit more contrast on them. i like her face lighting though. the tree is a bit distracting. she's not really interacting with it, so it's kind of just there. but again, beautiful expression you captured. i like the last one as well, but would have liked his eyes more open like in number two (i know it's bright out so it's hard to get kids to open their eyes wide, but we can keep hoping!)

Thanks for the comments - I agree.. her eye's were not popping from the rest of the picture... how is this (other than the now obvious stray hair and blown out dress)? As for the last one, it was very bright out and yes, it's hard to get anyone to open their eyes wide in the bright sun. Any suggestion on working in the daylight to avaid the "squints"?

2421487029_8777f50905_b.jpg

honestly, im not to sure. you managed in the second pic. just take lots of pictures. you could ask them to open up their eyes but... partially cloudy days make for nice soft light, as long as it's not to cloudy so there are no shadows. i like her eys in this one better. i must admit i didn't notice the blown out white. but that's a credit to your picture because i was to busy admiring her face. beautiful picture. as for the lack of comments, well, it seems you have to have something rediculously unique or something that appeals to a very specific taste to get many comments. if you really want more comments, try saying that your pictures are the greatest thing since sliced bread, then you'll get reactions. people like to criticize. ah well. don't let the lack of interest get to you, just keep taking pictures, and spread helpful positive comments around as much as you can.

All of the pictures were cute. I only say this to have you give it some thought, but they look somewhat posed. If you like the posed look, that is great, but you tell them a joke or do something to have them focused on being a kid instead of posing for a picture. Just an idea. If you were able to make it somewhat enjoyable for the kids then the genuine smiles would sell the pictures even more.

It is easy to give advice on pictures and much harder to actually do it yourself. Keep up the good work. I really like the edited picture of the little girl. Her eyes really capture you. She is beautiful.

honestly, im not to sure. you managed in the second pic. just take lots of pictures. you could ask them to open up their eyes but... partially cloudy days make for nice soft light, as long as it's not to cloudy so there are no shadows. i like her eys in this one better. i must admit i didn't notice the blown out white. but that's a credit to your picture because i was to busy admiring her face. beautiful picture. as for the lack of comments, well, it seems you have to have something rediculously unique or something that appeals to a very specific taste to get many comments. if you really want more comments, try saying that your pictures are the greatest thing since sliced bread, then you'll get reactions. people like to criticize. ah well. don't let the lack of interest get to you, just keep taking pictures, and spread helpful positive comments around as much as you can.

Thanks Wyjid. The eye's are hard... for a smile, you can tell a joke and get the kid to laugh, but for the eye's -- telling them to open them usually results in a very unflattering expression. Think bug eyes.. lol

hmmm... perhaps I am going to have to post a "next best think to sliced bread" thread -- just kidding, but I'm sure that would get some attention.

Thanks again for looking and taking the time to give feedback.

CP

I love no 3 - very wistful - might look good in sepia and possibly black and white - have you experimented in both at all?

All of the pictures were cute. I only say this to have you give it some thought, but they look somewhat posed. If you like the posed look, that is great, but you tell them a joke or do something to have them focused on being a kid instead of posing for a picture. Just an idea. If you were able to make it somewhat enjoyable for the kids then the genuine smiles would sell the pictures even more.

It is easy to give advice on pictures and much harder to actually do it yourself. Keep up the good work. I really like the edited picture of the little girl. Her eyes really capture you. She is beautiful.

Thanks for the comment 3of11... I admit, the pictures are a bit stiff. I think part of this was due to the sun, so the kids had a hard time relaxing... they also were not exactly thrilled that I was taking their picture. They're my kids, and they tend to get the permanent "I'm annoyed" look when I take the camera out. I think it's easier to make the photo session playful and fun when your working with kids other than your own. I'll post more later - photos of other people's children... I'd like to know what you think of those.

Thanks again.

CP

I love no 3 - very wistful - might look good in sepia and possibly black and white - have you experimented in both at all?

I haven't - I'll give it a try later and let you know... Thanks for looking!

CP

Thanks for the comment 3of11... I admit, the pictures are a bit stiff. I think part of this was due to the sun, so the kids had a hard time relaxing... they also were not exactly thrilled that I was taking their picture. They're my kids, and they tend to get the permanent "I'm annoyed" look when I take the camera out. I think it's easier to make the photo session playful and fun when your working with kids other than your own. I'll post more later - photos of other people's children... I'd like to know what you think of those.

Thanks again.

CP

Okay - As I mentioned in my last post... here are pictures of children other than my own... what do you think of these?
2427764761_8d900e1509.jpg

2428574714_939d64b1b5.jpg

2427758729_0deb8beaf5.jpg

2428577882_4bbd4776c2.jpg

2428573570_93d04c5b5d.jpg

*BUMP* Did anyone see the additional pictures I added... I guess they would have been better as a new thread. I'm curious about my results with my kids vs. other kids. Any feedback?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back