Spyder2 Express and Dual Monitors

WDodd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering if anyone uses the Spyder2 calibration on dual monitors and is able to calibrate them both?

From what I read on Colorvision's forums it is not possible unless you have 2 video cards and the Spyder2 Pro. However, I read several places that you might be able to change the name of the profile through XP's color management applet.

Any thoughts on this?

I have the Spyder2 with the Express package and I'm running two monitors (off of one card). It won't really let me calibrate both monitors. It will only run the calibration on the primary monitor. One thing I haven't really tried, is calibrating one monitor, switching the other one to be the primary, and then calibrating that one. That might work.

Unfortunately, one of my monitors is old and I can't calibrated it back to normal...not yet anyway. I need to run a Sony monitor control software called WinDas, and connect to it via a special cable. I bought a cable and installed the software but it's still giving me problems.

It looks to me that the Spyder could be tricked into profiling both monitors but it seems pretty complicated and I don't really need them to both be calibrated anyways.

You need to different video cards and the Pro version according to color vision's website. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

It won't really let me calibrate both monitors. It will only run the calibration on the primary monitor. One thing I haven't really tried, is calibrating one monitor, switching the other one to be the primary, and then calibrating that one. That might work.

Thats exactly what I do. I set the primary to one... calibrate and save the profile. I set the other to primary, calibrate and save to another profile.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back