"Steel Magnolias"

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by craig, Apr 30, 2005.

1. craig

craig TPF Noob!

A wise man said to me "it is hard photographing someone else's art" These photos definitely illustrate that quote. I am sure you guy's are bored with looking at theater shots. BUT... I am so proud and I love it so much that I am forever obliged to post shots of the shows I work on.

So. After 6 weeks with these amazing ladies... I am glad that we have only one night left.

The Ladies
    [​IMG]

Truvy's Wide
    [​IMG]

2. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

ha, i seemed to have missed this one. the movie is one of my fav and looking at your cast, i believe i have placed each in their specific role. great shots; i bet it was fun working with them...for a while ;)

3. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Yes!!! You are the first person to reply to one of my theater shots. Watching these ladies perform was amazing. All very experienced and great actors. They got a standing ovation every night.

The movie added male roles and sets (the play takes place only in Truvy's).
    The script is just about the same for both. We had a fellow who came every night that memorized the movie screenplay. "Ouiser" added those lines for the final performance. The play is actually based on real events. The playwright Robert Harling was "Shelby"'s brother and the script is dedicated to her and her son. The women who plays "Clariee" (far right) has friends that knew the real "Shelby" and her son and they still keep in contact with the real "Ouiser". They came one night and brought photos... It was a little creepy. Some where out there is a documentary on the play and film.

Oh yeah, this theater is haunted.

Characters from left to right: Truvy, Anelle, Ouiser, Shelby, 'Mlynn, Clariee.

4. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

cool, i got it right! interesting story...thanks for sharing.

5. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Groovy pics. It actually reminds me a lot of my bedroom because it's that colour scheme still from when I was little and wanted everything to be purple and pink!!

6. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    neat pictures! I love colours and the light here:) you had some great fun then :)

7. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Wow! Thanks gang!!! Theater is a huge part of my life. Glad you enjoy them.