Step up ring

normally the inside (backside) of your lens cap should have the filter thread diameter, which is the inside size that you are looking for.

You may also want to be really specific on the information you are providing. All we know is that you have a lens, and from the forum that it may be SONY (at least the camera is), but which one we have no idea.

Whereas you have it in your hand and can look at it. Normally the front of the lens also have the filter thread diameter.

For instance this photo. bottom with the circle with a line through it would be the filter thread which is 49mm. This would be the inside filter thread for one part of the step up ring
==> https://www.ephotozine.com/articles.../highres-sony-e-50mm-f18-oss-1_1366281493.jpg
highres-sony-e-50mm-f18-oss-1_1366281493.jpg

My guess is that the 25mm you're referring to in the image is the 35mm focal length equivalent. In other words, NEITHER of these values are the filter thread diameter of the lens. Just a guess.

Agree with @astroNikon, you will want to look at the lens to see the diameter. If anything, take a picture of the lens front and back and post on here. Or, just state the lens you have and someone on here may look it up for you.

normally the inside (backside) of your lens cap should have the filter thread diameter, which is the inside size that you are looking for.

You may also want to be really specific on the information you are providing. All we know is that you have a lens, and from the forum that it may be SONY (at least the camera is), but which one we have no idea.

Whereas you have it in your hand and can look at it. Normally the front of the lens also have the filter thread diameter.

For instance this photo. bottom with the circle with a line through it would be the filter thread which is 49mm. This would be the inside filter thread for one part of the step up ring
==> https://www.ephotozine.com/articles.../highres-sony-e-50mm-f18-oss-1_1366281493.jpg
highres-sony-e-50mm-f18-oss-1_1366281493.jpg

The camera is the Sony Cybershot DSC- H300.Neither the cap or the lens has the diameter.
To be specific I want to buy some filters (ND,Macro,Blue).But to put those filters on the camera I have to step up the lens so that I can find filters that fit.

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
doing a quick search, apparently the Sony Cybershot DSC- H300 DOES not support filters nor a lens hood.
Interesting. Sony UK apparently sells filters for the camera.

Sony HX300 Camera with 50x Optical Zoom
Nice.
Conflicting information !!

Check your lens. Can you see filter threads, or feel them ?
Or take your camera to a camera shop, or someone more knowledgeable to check for you..

Edit: when I checked accessories for SONY US it listed no filters. I figured it was going to be easy. lol

Edit: when I checked accessories for SONY US it listed no filters. I figured it was going to be easy. lol
Haha. I originally checked BH and it said the same thing (no filter threads), but then I found a forum that mentioned just what we went through: UK having filters and the US site not having filters. :biglaugh:

Haha. I originally checked BH and it said the same thing (no filter threads), but then I found a forum that mentioned just what we went through: UK having filters and the US site not having filters. :biglaugh:
They must have some threading dies in the UK ... some guy in the distrubution facility said "what, who in the world ...." and added threads themselves. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back