026.jpg

040-1.jpg

042-1.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

018-1.jpg

046-1.jpg

c&c as always

Try not to have things so centered. Practice the rule of thirds some.

ok, lets see here... pros...
1, I like how the tree has various different levels, I found that interesting.
2, is a nice flower clump thing (not sure what it's called, I do think the object itself is pretty.
3, On this, although it is centered, I do kind of like the composition of it, the entrance from the left and the angle you took do look nice to me.
4, has a nice star from the sun coming in (I've gotta get a filter that does that)

Cons
In general things were quite centered.
My largest problem with the is that they look primarily like snapshots (with the exception perhaps of #4) they look like you were just walking along and, ooh, lets take a picture of that (nothing wrong with doing that, it just is not something that keeps my attention. nice but nothing special)

2, I can't decide if I like the walking trail or not in the background, but I don't like the fact that only a small portion of the flower clump is in focus.
6,7,8 all could really benefit from a different angle. In photography what makes the photo interesting is that it's different from how you would normally expect to see it. It's from a different perspective. these shots tend to be exactly what I would expect to see and thus just look like a walk in the park something I would see anywhere.

8 is also really blown out, particularly on the bowl.

Other than that, watch your croppings. 8 has a partial tree on the right, 7 has a pole on the left that is only partially seen, and 2 cut off the leaf (not necessarily bad, but could be done without)

Overall, they weren't bad at all, I know my advice probably sounds harsher than it was intended. just my $0.02 your mileage may vary.

You know, I always was curious about that; this idiom that:

Photography is about creativty, uniqueness! And remember to follow [insert X rule]!

I will echo an indirect sentiment: get creative with what/how you're shooting. . .

I would say other than the top faucet, #8 isn't neccesarily blown out as just way overexposed. . .Certainly could be worse.

The question is, what Mode/Settings where you using here? Were you in Program/Auto (and metered off the wrong spot), or in S/M/A (and just got a few things wrong). Composition I could care less about at this point, as it seems you are getting comfortable with a camera.

ok, lets see here... pros...
1, I like how the tree has various different levels, I found that interesting.
2, is a nice flower clump thing (not sure what it's called, I do think the object itself is pretty.
3, On this, although it is centered, I do kind of like the composition of it, the entrance from the left and the angle you took do look nice to me.
4, has a nice star from the sun coming in (I've gotta get a filter that does that)

Cons
In general things were quite centered.
My largest problem with the is that they look primarily like snapshots (with the exception perhaps of #4) they look like you were just walking along and, ooh, lets take a picture of that (nothing wrong with doing that, it just is not something that keeps my attention. nice but nothing special)

2, I can't decide if I like the walking trail or not in the background, but I don't like the fact that only a small portion of the flower clump is in focus.
6,7,8 all could really benefit from a different angle. In photography what makes the photo interesting is that it's different from how you would normally expect to see it. It's from a different perspective. these shots tend to be exactly what I would expect to see and thus just look like a walk in the park something I would see anywhere.

8 is also really blown out, particularly on the bowl.

Other than that, watch your croppings. 8 has a partial tree on the right, 7 has a pole on the left that is only partially seen, and 2 cut off the leaf (not necessarily bad, but could be done without)

Overall, they weren't bad at all, I know my advice probably sounds harsher than it was intended. just my $0.02 your mileage may vary.

thanx for the input!!

You know, I always was curious about that; this idiom that:

Photography is about creativty, uniqueness! And remember to follow [insert X rule]!

I will echo an indirect sentiment: get creative with what/how you're shooting. . .

I would say other than the top faucet, #8 isn't neccesarily blown out as just way overexposed. . .Certainly could be worse.

The question is, what Mode/Settings where you using here? Were you in Program/Auto (and metered off the wrong spot), or in S/M/A (and just got a few things wrong). Composition I could care less about at this point, as it seems you are getting comfortable with a camera.

these where all shot in manual, see i still have the 18-55 lens so im trying to shoot without the auto settings. this is my first dslr. so i figure i would take as many pics as i can thru out the day so i can learn the camera. but i really like hearing what every has to say ! harsh or nice:)

Sorry but these are all really boring pictures, first just for the subjects, but if you had to take pics of these things, remember if you take it from different angles it would be more interesting even though the subject hasnt changed.

For example, for 1 you could have your camera pointed looking straight up the tree looking up the bark of it or something.

3/4-could try to find some detail on that thing thats cool, like if you look up where the beams are, maybe could've made some sort of abstract pattern?

6-I dont know maybe get on the side of the bench looking down it. Just a thought.

7-Again there could be a cool abstract done here, if you got under the thing and looked straight up.

8- I think it would be better if you were to just get down so you were more on eye level of it or slightly lower.

And for all of them, as others have said remember the rule of thirds, you generally want to use it almost always unless the subject is symmetrical where it should be centered.
So good luck and remember to try out different angles. :)

Sorry but these are all really boring pictures, first just for the subjects, but if you had to take pics of these things, remember if you take it from different angles it would be more interesting even though the subject hasnt changed.

For example, for 1 you could have your camera pointed looking straight up the tree looking up the bark of it or something.

3/4-could try to find some detail on that thing thats cool, like if you look up where the beams are, maybe could've made some sort of abstract pattern?

6-I dont know maybe get on the side of the bench looking down it. Just a thought.

7-Again there could be a cool abstract done here, if you got under the thing and looked straight up.

8- I think it would be better if you were to just get down so you were more on eye level of it or slightly lower.

And for all of them, as others have said remember the rule of thirds, you generally want to use it almost always unless the subject is symmetrical where it should be centered.
So good luck and remember to try out different angles. :)

thanx! ill try these things!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back