Stoked, view camera class starts soon.

I always take 2 exposures of every shot. Hopefully I'll only goof one of them up. ;)

Freestyle still has some Arista Pro 4x5 left. It's really Ilford Hp5 and FP4, but cheaper.

I've been using mostly Speed Graphic bodies for 4x5. For many years I used an Anniversary Speed Graphic, and recently I switched to a Super Graphic. I have an old steel monorail that I used in school. I dragged it out on Mothers' Day and took some portraits. It was in worse shape than I recalled; it needs a tune up and/or a rebuild.

DIRT said:
you changed your avatar? Cute.

Thank you! :)

I think I may need to look into a LF class myself. I would love to try it, but I just don't know if I could ever feel comfortable just jumping in by myself. (altho I was sorely tempted by a 4x5 enlarger I saw at Goodwill a couple weeks ago! Man, what a monster.)

Thanks KSmatt, I work right across the street from Freestyle. HAHA sucks to be anybody else.

ksmattfish said:
I always take 2 exposures of every shot. Hopefully I'll only goof one of them up. ;)

Freestyle still has some Arista Pro 4x5 left. It's really Ilford Hp5 and FP4, but cheaper.

I've been using mostly Speed Graphic bodies for 4x5. For many years I used an Anniversary Speed Graphic, and recently I switched to a Super Graphic. I have an old steel monorail that I used in school. I dragged it out on Mothers' Day and took some portraits. It was in worse shape than I recalled; it needs a tune up and/or a rebuild.

ksmattfish said:
I always take 2 exposures of every shot.

Yup. Dust is attracted to the sky area of all images, ya know.

Everything will be pretty much the same... just bigger. Bigger tripod too. Bracket your exposure with transparency film. Use a lupe on the ground glass to check your focus.

You're in for a bunch of fun!

Good luck.

-Pete

Man am I jealous. I have been wanting to get into 4x5 forever. Just have'nt made the plunge.

If still want to do the print exchange, maybe some contact shots of enlargements from the class would be cool.

Often where I screw up a neg is scratching it during development. I've gotten a lot better, but I still like to have a spare.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back