Stone Zoo

BillM

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In Boston we have 2 zoos, the Franklin Park Zoo and the Stone Zoo. The Franklin Park Zoo is located right in the city but in one of the northwest suburbs they also maintain the Stone Zoo. The gorillas I posted earlier were from Franklin Park so I figured I'd post up some shots from the Stone Zoo.

This kitty was extremely happy to see me !!!! Well maybe not as excited as I was to see him.

I wish I could have gotten this one to leave that fence but that day it wasn't to be.

THis guy actually lives on the other side of the fence the Snow Leopard was resting on. But this is the same zoo that puts the Roadrunner cage right next to the coyote enclosure so I guess they have a sense of humor lol

Not easy finding a clean section of plexi to shoot these guys through. If memory serves me they are a pair of brothers that were found abandoned as cubs.

I believe this is some type of Gibbon ?

Hope you enjoyed them :thumbup:

Dat jag.

Is the gibbon through glass?

Unfortunately almost all of them are through glass and or wire of some sort . The Jag was behind glass too.

Here he is trying to taste me through the glass lol

Last edited:
One more of him

Nice! Makes me want to go to the zoo! Assuming you took camera and one lens? What lens?

Unortunately almost all of them are through glass and or wire of some sort .he Jag was behind glass too.]

Led for an interesting stylized look.

I so want to curl up with the jaguar. Yes, I do realize he'd eat me. But I'm also the girl who wants an elephant for a pet.

Great shots.

Nice! Makes me want to go to the zoo! Assuming you took camera and one lens? What lens?

First trip I made I took the 80-400 but then I went back with a 70-200 f/2.8. It had more than enough reach for most shots and the f/2.8 is almost a must have as many of the animals are in some sort of shade. Another plus with the 2.8 you can get some nice separation too, like this

I have a whole bunch of shots from their Masters of Flight show that I'll put in another thread.

Unortunately almost all of them are through glass and or wire of some sort .he Jag was behind glass too.]

Led for an interesting stylized look.

He was one of the harder animals to get a good shot of, I don't think he liked the little kids running around much.

Great series Bill. My two preferred lenses for the zoo are also the 70-200 2.8 and the 85 mm 1.8.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Great shots! Love the 1st cat and the bears.

Nice set Bill. I've never been to a zoo to take pictures looks like I might have to give it a try.

I love the ones of the Jaguar and the bears are so cute! I need to take my girls to the zoo.

Thanks everyone, if you haven't been to a zoo in awhile i highly recommend it. I know I really enjoyed it :thumbup:

Great series Bill. My two preferred lenses for the zoo are also the 70-200 2.8 and the 85 mm 1.8.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

The 85 1.8 is on my short list of lenses to get, but it won't be for a long while. I'm in the process of saving for a long lens :)

Most reactions

Back