STORM FRONT rolling in. Louisiana bayou scene. Here is the story.

LightSpeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I knew bad weather was coming in on Saturday, with a cold front approaching from the north of course.
I've often seen dramatic shots captured in bad weather and have even done a couple.
I left early in the morning and headed to South Louisiana, Pierre Part Louisiana to be exact. It rained most of the way until I got ahead of the front.
Everything was dreary and basically nasty and drab. I knew I had wasted my time. As a watched this scene through the viewfinder, the sun peeked out just for a moment and I was able to catch this.
This was just before the rains rolled in with the front that had already made its way over me. I didn't get anything else. All day for one shot. Got home about 7 pm last night.
Yes I shot it a few other times, but without the sun peeking out, they pretty much are dull and boring. I tried to capture the essence of south Louisiana in this. The Cajun way, if you will.
It's not HDR. This is just the way it happened.

Enjoy.

6413607951_f8a0de63e3_b.jpg

nice shot. I'd pull down the highlights some, add a little contrast and a little saturation. It also looks a little oversharpened.

It doesn't say "Storm" to me... or much of anything actually. Sorry! :)

You've got some detail in the sky that shows some rolling clouds. It doesn't show up in your photo but it did when I really bumped the contrast in the sky. Play with it some and I think you can make it look better.

Lightspeed.. would you let me edit that one... to show you what I consider a storm front rolling in? You have your photos marked "No Edit"! :)

Lightspeed.. would you let me edit that one... to show you what I consider a storm front rolling in? You have your photos marked "No Edit"! :)

Permission granted.
There's not a whole lot of post processing in this one.
Show me what you got.

Now this is meant to be a giggle.. but also to illustrate what I would call a storm moving in (albeit somewhat exaggerated!) :) It also shows off my poor photoshop skills, but that is a given! (and it was a quickie!)

Storm1.jpg

Last edited:
lol
Jesus.
Isn't there anyway to get Gilligan and the Skipper standing out on the back deck of that boat?

Very similar to what I came up with Fjrabon:

6413607951_f8a0de63e3_b.jpg

(posted with the permission of LightSpeed)

lol
Jesus.
Isn't there anyway to get Gilligan and the Skipper standing out on the back deck of that boat?

I could.. but that would be a Copyright violation! :)

Now this is meant to be a giggle.. but also to illustrate what I would call a storm moving in (albeit somewhat exaggerated!) :) It also shows off my poor photoshop skills, but that is a given! (and it was a quickie!)

Storm1.jpg

OMG!ROFLMFAO!

OMG!ROFLMFAO!

A giggle (or full out laughter) from Bitter is worth a lot! :) Made my day! lol!

Most reactions

Back