LeeLeeMelis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Maine-but currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan
Website
www.mwbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know this is probably not the right forum to ask but no one answered me in the Graphics Forum and folks in here always answer questinos! I do on location photography and want to offer my clients story boards or collages for print. I want to know the best method of getting the images into Photoshop and what is the best way to print them. I'm comfortable in photoshop for basic editing but I'd love to learn more. Please let me know what method would be best for making these collage prints. Thanks!

I'm going to move this to our business section, I think that might get you the best replies. I've always wanted to try these too but haven't had much success so I'm curious as to what other are doing as well!

What precisely are you looking for? 5 images lined up in a row or more of a collage in which the images blend into each other? With the row theory, make a new document with your final printing size - open up the images you want to use. Then downsize each image to the final size you want each (For instance - if it say a 4x6 final image - that is, 6 on the width - and I wanted each image to be 5" tall I would go to the image size and change that height wise on each) then hold Shift - and drag those iamges to the new document. Actually, before that, drag a line guide (for lack of a better term) from the ruler away to where you want to top of your images to line up. One of the best tools in PS for this type of work is the "snap to" feature found in View. Then just click and drag :)

Sorry, that was more of a ramble then easy to follow instructions. :S

I'm going to move this to our business section, I think that might get you the best replies. I've always wanted to try these too but haven't had much success so I'm curious as to what other are doing as well!

Thanks so much for moving to the appropriate section.

I do a lot of beach photos and sometimes when you have a young child expressing themselves one photo doesnt make it as effective as several in a row. I have an example but I'm not sure how or if I can post it. If you let me know how to I'll put in my post.

If I can assume what you are trying to do, then in Photoshop go to [file] down to [automate] then to [contact sheet] Then follow the instructions. It's a little tricky, but if you are carefull and follow the instructions, you should find it quite easy once you have the hang of it.
www.philipweirphotography.com

I have an example but I'm not sure how or if I can post it. If you let me know how to I'll put in my post.

Is the example online? If so, just put a link if it's not yours and we can view that. If you're not sure how to post photos on the forum, this thread
will walk you through how to do that, but the example has to be your own to directly show the image vs. linking to it. Hope that helps :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back