Strange hot lights on face

Well I think the problem is this only.
There were few yellow lights on top.
However, I tried to make exposure such that the subject is dark in order to cancel it, may be they were not dark enough.
Next time I will try to cancel the ambient further to see how it goes.
As I wrote above, mixing colors of light is your biggest problem. If you can eliminate one or two non-matching light colors, you will have much more success.

Either turn off the yellow light source completely or use it entirely by gelling your flash to match the yellow light. Then close the window blinds to eliminate daylight coming in.

If you choose to use the yellow light, set your white balance to "incandescent", and put a yellow gel on your flash. Then it will be mostly one color, which you can then balance later on your computer to be the correct color.

If you are troubled by the yellow lights, and want to simply switch them off, then use some other temporary light to focus. Your camera has a focus-assist beam, so make sure that is turned on. If not, perhaps the speedlight flash will have a focus-assist beam, which might be non-white light, but your camera can still focus by that light.

ok I will do this.

One tip when shooting in an office like that: set the white balance to FLASH, and not to AUTO...I've seen examples/shopt my own, where AUTO WB gives a bad color rendering due to the camera "seeing only" the continuous lighting, and when thge flashes go off, the color is just not quite correct.

But, again...it's necessary to "kill the ambient" through the use of ISO/shutter speed/aperture if you want absolutely ZERO trace of that ambient light to register!

Yeah I have 2-3 things to do now as per suggestions here.
Thanks

Most reactions

Back