Strange Rock-Stacks in the Woods

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I didn't put this in the nature gallery, because, well, it just isn't natural... in fact it's weird and a little creepy... IMO. I put the B&W conversions that I did over here --> http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43797.

There were hundreds, i mean hundreds of them... they were everywhere. :confused:

freaky_4182share.jpg

freaky_4170share.jpg

freaky_4177share.jpg

4. And the granddaddy of all weird creepy stack of rocks... this puppy was in the middle of nowhere... all the rocks were cleared out of a circle 8 feet across and these rocks stalked higher than me... :crazy:

freaky_4157share.jpg

Someone has a lot of time on there hands to be doing all of that work

Love the colors and depth to these photo's. I guess someone started stacking and now has a compulsion :)

Trish

I popped a post in your other thread with a link to what these are if you're interested. I think the colour shots work better as the colour range is great.

Great looking shots here too, but i prefer the B+W as you would have probably guessed. That last one works well here tho, great job :thumbup:

Awesome shots mate
now bury a dead cat there and see if he comes back to life

Nice job! Those are awesome. Can't decide between the B&W or the color. Amazing shots.

Yeah, I like these too... but I agree with Angel about the b&w conversion! Nice!

I can shed some light on why the rocks are stacked though I do not know the location of these stacks. When I went to Aruba last year, I visited the nothern side of the island which is all rock and desert. There were tons of stacked rocks much like these there, as far as you could see for miles. Aparently, each person who visted this area made a pile and make a wish. The local called em Wish Rocks. Sorta silly but then again, so is lifting your feet off the floor of your car and making and wish when your driving over railroad tracks.

Most reactions

Back