Stranger on the Subway

This is better than your shoots

Have you contacted this person to set up a legit shoot? I'd be real interested on what you two would come up with with some planning, judging by how amazing this shot was, without planning.

Have you contacted this person to set up a legit shoot? I'd be real interested on what you two would come up with with some planning, judging by how amazing this shot was, without planning.
I've got his number and we connected on facebook. We''ve been waiting for fashion week to come to a close before planning anything.

This is better than your shoots
Not sure if that could be taken as a compliment, lol...

Well it is in a weird way. On your shoots you seem to get too relaxed and a tad bit sloppy with the details. But here I can tell you were excited to meet this stranger and wanted to get a really great shot and did. Great DOF, perfect framing, and just an interesting character as well. Decent pose on his part too. So you seem to work best when excited. Try to find other ways to bring that out and I could see your work skyrocketing.

Thanks for all the feedback and comments!

I'll be keeping the crop for a number of reasons. One of the things I will comment on is that "light and airy" is certainly not a feeling I wanted to express through this shot. Also, the subway environment is something I wanted captured here, so the room above the head was intentional. Giving a sense of location is necessary to me in this sort of shot, especially since I met him and stopped him for this shot in this location.

Not to say that there aren't valid reasons for other's opinions, but to me a crop would take away from this shot.

Something you should consider is that you can maintain a sense of location with far less of the location visible.

very nice Dan

Thanks Rosy, and thanks to everyone else for the great feedback!

That's an amazing shot! The lighting and the expression on his face are both eerie and beautiful. Looks like the gothic mayor of an underground city!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back