Strobe synch

fmw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.foodieforums.com
My new X-A3 arrived today. Terrific product. My main purpose for the camera is shooting product photos for my web sites. I use a light tent that is lit with a pair of Bowens monolights. I was unable to get the camera to fire the strobes. What do I need to do to get the camera to synch and fire the strobes?

Pretty much any radio trigger will work. You can get a PC adaptor for the hot shoe and use that (cheap, but a major PIA), or set the slave flash receive on the lights and use a speedlight in the hot shoe.

Pretty much any radio trigger will work. You can get a PC adaptor for the hot shoe and use that (cheap, but a major PIA), or set the slave flash receive on the lights and use a speedlight in the hot shoe.

My hot shoe adapter isn't working with this camera for some reason. The last thing I want to do is trigger the strobes with an on camera flash.

Are you using a hot shoe PC Sync adaptor? If so, try another one. Best bet however is an inexpensive set of radio triggers. Yongnuo & similar decent-quality MiC gear can be had for <$100 (probably a lot less).

Most reactions

Back