strobing practice - TMNT bokeh

DScience

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I don't have much lighting equipment, but I tried a little experimenting. Here is the strobist info:

desk lamp behind turtle, camera left. LED flashlight behind turtle camera right. SB-600 (with Gary Fong diffuser on tripod) front of turtle camera right. Mini LED flashlight front turtle camera left

C&C welcome but please comment on technical aspects (ie lighting) rather than compositional aspects. I know it's centered, but I was mainly practicing with lighting and disregarded the rule of thirds. Thanks!

3832091371_2345003610.jpg

I like it. However, everyone knows that donatello is the best ninja turtle...:headbang:

lol, people are fighting of the TMNT. But Donatello is the best :lol: I love the photo.

Thank you! But it's true, Michelangelo is the elite TMNT.

What about the lighting? Can the experts chime in and give me some tips?

I think it's an excellent shot the way it is. There's only a little bit of the foot on the right side that's out of focus, but the centering works for this shot. The background makes the picture for me on this one. The lighting is excellent if you ask me.

Matt

im no expert so i cant offer nifty advice...
but i can say that i really like the lighting and the bokeh.
well done :thumbup:

I like the bokeh and I think the light is fine, and so is the centering in this case.

3 thinks that bother me: the vignetting; I would have cropped some of the bottom; and then there's the wrinkles (?) at the foreground/bokek junction. What's going on between the feet is not a problem but on the sides, I find it annoying.

I find the background very busy and in competition with the subject on a nearly 1 to 1 basis. Particularly with the brightest part of the image spot on the action figures left shoulder.

Other than that compositional tidbit, the lighting works well considering the reflective nature of the model.

My only other point of distraction is the harsh highlights on the figures right foot. A diffuser (tissue paper over the light, etc.) could have helped there.

I like the reflective surface the figure is on. The extension of the vertical lines of the legs adds strength to the figure.

Hey, DS!

What took you so long to respond? :biglaugh:

Good seeing you in these parts!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back