1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

SUBMITTING WORK/getting work

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by Luke, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Luke

Luke TPF Noob!

Okay, I covered, unofficially a protest last week and submitted some photos to various places, newspapers etc. This got me thinking, does anyone have any tips on submitting to newspapers, I mean, all I did was submit them to various places via email.
    Also, any tips about getting connections with modelling agencies in order to shoot models for their folios (and my folio). I find the hardest bit for me is trying to make connections, if you have tips, please write them!
    Luke

2. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    - Call and ask them first how they would accept portfolios. Email, website, prints, books, if books/prints; what size etc.
    - Find the name of the Photo Editor and personally address your communication to them - make it brief. They don't have time for essays.
    - Don't send your original film/slide as it may get lost in the mail.
    - If you are sending in prints/book, make sure you enclose your business card and if possible a postcard which features your sample work(s).
    - [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1582973954/sr=1-1/qid=1154951792/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-0889433-6689728?ie=UTF8&s=books"]2006 Photographers Market[/ame]

Hope this helps.

3. fotogenik

fotogenik TPF Noob!

does emailing a photo to the newspaper give them automatic permission to print it? I have been hesitant about sending shots in to newspapers because I don't wnat them printing it and I get no credit/compensation

4. darin3200

darin3200 TPF Noob!

When you send it just include something like "If you are interested in publishing these photos, please contact me to discuss pricing"