Subpar Experience with MPB

Discussion in 'mpb.com' started by waday, Dec 1, 2017.

1. waday

waday Do one thing every day that scares you Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Do you know about when? Are they going to contact me via email or via phone?

2. mpbcom

mpbcom Official Vendor Supporting Vendor

Hi, sorry they haven't been in touch yet - your issue is currently being investigated and you'll hear from customer service this afternoon by email. Thanks

3. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The site shows the company is registered in the UK. I wonder about warranty coverage; the site's page on warranty talks about 6 month coverage but I didn't see anything about US manufacturer warranty coverage on purchases. Scroll down to the bottom to FAQs.

4. Braineack

Braineack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    They sell used equipment. Any warranty coverage still applicable on an item is between you and the manufacturer -- which a lot don't honor unless you have proof of purchase new.

mpb handled my return very well; the d800 I picked up unfortunately had a terrible back focusing issue and I had to return it. they sent a return label and I dropped it off with fedex, no issue.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mpbcom

Thanks for bringing that to our attention - it should be listed as our US office! We will get this fixed ASAP.

6. mpbcom

Hello everyone, we would like to point out here that we do offer Free Shipping across the US - it was overnight shipping that had been selected in this case which there is a fee for. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. waday

Photos OK to edit
    Huh. I don't recall free shipping being an option given to me. If that option does indeed exist, perhaps you should make it clearer to your customers.

Also, just curious, are you indicating that I opted for overnight shipping? Because, I didn't. If that's what I paid for, I didn't get overnight shipping. I recall standard shipping as approximately $20, second day being $24. I opted for second day, because I was willing to pay a few dollars more. Had I known about a free option, I would have likely gone that route.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Braineack

Braineack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    selecting "no hurry" was free. I remember that. I splurged the ~$15 shipping option for "priority" which ended up being two-day.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. waday

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks, good to know. "No hurry" should just say "free". Why make it harder for customers?

On the topic of shipping... my wife texted me that I received the lens hood this morning. My wife said it's metal, so that's a good sign. I'll have to see the quality and fit when I get home.

MPB's customer service did indeed contact me yesterday afternoon. According to their internal investigation, I was supposed to receive a follow-up email detailing what was happening, but they didn't send it out. They were waiting to see if they received any used lens hoods for my lens. Since they didn't receive one, they ordered a third-party lens hood and sent it for overnight delivery for today. I don't get a case.

All in all, I'm glad they sent the lens hood, I'm sad about not receiving a case, and I really wish this whole process could have avoided public posts on a forum.

• Like Like x 1
  10. goooner

goooner Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    I appreciate the public post on the forum :048:

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. mpbcom

We do offer it - it's the 'No Hurry' option which takes longer, but you're right - it should be made clearer so I have passed this on to our development team.

Apologies - you hadn't selected overnight shipping, but it was one of the options with a fee. Thanks.

12. waday

Photos OK to edit

Very true. If it's helpful for potential customers, especially to see how the company responds publicly, I'm happy to do it.

While I may be soured from this experience (and it'll be some time before I go to their site again), I am glad that MPB did respond. In this day and age, public posts are also, unfortunately, the only way to keep companies accountable for what they do and to get them to respond to customer complaints.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1