Subpar Experience with MPB

Discussion in 'mpb.com' started by waday, Dec 1, 2017.

1. goooner

goooner Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Well to sum up.
    You did not get everything you paid for. Destin did not receive the original Nikon battery, or rubber seal. Brainiak paid $15 for a busted D800, was able to send it back for free though. The lady mentions them having a branch in the US, but only responds in UK business hours.

Who knows, I've been posting here for a while now, and trust your experiences more than I do on-line likes, or whatever rating system they have.

Would be good if anyone on here has had any positive experiences when buying from them.

Thank you again for posting this. Was really considering getting something over the Christmas period.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SquarePeg

SquarePeg Hear me roar Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    While I appreciate the public posts, it's unfortunate that they were necessary in order for you to get a response. I'm curious to see if Destin ever gets his battery.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Braineack

Braineack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    thing had like 80K clicks on it and was priced accordingly. and I know some d800s were plagued with backfocusing issues, but I was a little surprised one so well used had it -- might have been why the PO sold it.

I'm not sour, sure it was a bummer but they handled the return in stride (some places don't send a return label) and there's always a risk in used equipment; I'm sure it is serviceable. I called on my lunch break at noon here on the East Coast and got someone on the phone.

To be clear: I specifically chose to pay extra for shipping over the free option. I actually thought the shipping prices were very reasonable, and I liked the delivery day estimates; it came the day that was estimated at check out.

I would have bought another one they had listed in place, but it sold the day before.

• Like Like x 1
  4. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It seems to keep getting easier to make a website look impressive but that might/may not match the quality of the company behind it. It's probably worthwhile to scroll down and look at About or FAQs; there are often red flags. It may not be worth it to make a purchase to possibly save a few bucks when there are other reputable business that are trustworthy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Destin

Destin Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Yep. I’ll be sticking to BH, KEH, or Adorama from now on. I’d buy on eBay before I bought from MPB again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. mpbcom

mpbcom Official Vendor Supporting Vendor

Hi everyone,

It really disappoints us to hear that some of you have had negative experiences - as a company we're very committed to maintaining the exceptional customer service we've always been known for.

We really appreciate the feedback and will ensure we take this on board and put measures in place to avoid these issues continuing to happen in future.

Thanks,

Clare

• Like Like x 1