Summer's Colors

AngieDoogles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few of my first shots with a macro lens. Any and all C&C welcome. (Really, don't hold back!)

Neighborhood030.jpg

Neighborhood013.jpg

MeCrissyPhotography040.jpg

MeCrissyPhotography108.jpg

#1 is the strongest in my opinion
#2 i think you should have zoomed out a bit or take a step back and use the rule of thirds
#3 slightly missed the focus
#4 missed the focus

Thanks for the feedback rusty9! You're right. They're a bit soft. The focus was difficult to get. For technical reasons, I had to have the aperture wide open. I definitely appreciate the feedback. :)

#2 i think you should have zoomed out a bit or take a step back and use the rule of thirds
#4 missed the focus

same thoughts.

A good start, but, you've made the 'everyone does it at first' bog-standard compositional error when starting macro work. You're in too close. DoF in macro work is measured in mm - move back out a couple of feet, gain significant DoF and then crop to the subject in post.

#4 missed the focus

same thoughts.

X2 I agree,,, I do like #2 a lot though... But I think a different composition might work here....

A good start, but, you've made the 'everyone does it at first' bog-standard compositional error when starting macro work. You're in too close. DoF in macro work is measured in mm - move back out a couple of feet, gain significant DoF and then crop to the subject in post.

I tried that and when I cropped in post, it was much more blurry. Maybe I was doing it wrong? Anyway, thanks for the tip. I'll definitely give it another try.

Nothing new to add, except I love #1 and like #2. :)

Most reactions

Back