Sun 600

xScorch Muffinx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have an old Polaroid Sun 600 Insta-film camera and I haven't been able to find ANY film for it. I checked CVS, Wallgreens, Wallmart, and some other stores and can't find it anywhere, does anyone know of a place where I could buy some?

mslld.jpg

(by the way, this was taken by my phone. :D)

Google it and pray for a good price. Single packs on Amazon are going for about $40-50.

Google it and pray for a good price. Single packs on Amazon are going for about $40-50.

Jeez.... I can't afford that.
Damn. I was really hoping to use it a lot. Oh well, I'll just see if I can get my hands on my Grandfather's 35mm.

It would be cheaper to just buy an SLR. Or a Rangefinder.

Pick a brand and watch eBay and Craig's list. You can also try goodwill.com. I haven't bought from them but they tend to have good prices. Everything on sale there is a donation and I don't know that the people doing the listing could tell whether or not the item actually worked but if you are willing to take a chance...

I agree with Mike. I'm finding cheap 35 mm cameras constantly on craigslist, especially if you don't mind an older Canon AE-1 or other manual focus, manual film mechanism camera that has some level of automation. The Canon Elan 7 in my sig I got with a battery pack in like new condition for $75 because some guy was just dumping his really nice film gear to switch to digital. Nikon F series and N series film cameras, as well as Pentax, Olympus, and Minolta, are all good options, as well. Since you haven't really bought into a brand-specific system, take a look at every 35mm SLR you can find and do some quick Google searches of it. You can end up landing a really nice camera for under $50 in some instances.

Look around here. It's a group bringing back Instant film. There's some expired Polaroid available as well as the first of the new stuff. Kinda freaky and artsy,not your everyday film. What's available now is a monochrome item that's apparently finicky for temp and time. They even have the blessing of Polaroid. Polaroid has also introduced an new instant camera with a business card sized format. Please buy some so they'll keep working on it.

Polaroid announced January 2010 that they would be bringing back 600 film
as well as a new line of cameras for it.

"The Polaroid Color 600 Instant Film will work with both classic and new
Polaroid cameras and will be offered in packs of 10 pictures."

They also have a new Polaroid 300 film/camera which they say is available
now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back