sunrise, sunshine coast QLD

Kimba

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Silly me got up at 5AM to get photo's of the sun, glad i did as i think it was worth it especially with the baby seaeagle who decided to be the star in my shots.

4159395478_062ba7be61_o.jpg

4159395472_7ec57bebd3_o.jpg

4159395470_407789c3fe_o.jpg

Last edited:
Is the third shot supposed to be a bald eagle also? I see literally hundreds each summer, and I'm 99% certain that last shot isn't one. Bald Eagles (young, juvenile, or adult) don't have light colored chests. They are all solid colors, either brown or black. The second one, it's hard to tell.

Is the third shot supposed to be a bald eagle also? I see literally hundreds each summer, and I'm 99% certain that last shot isn't one. Bald Eagles (young, juvenile, or adult) don't have light colored chests. They are all solid colors, either brown or black. The second one, it's hard to tell.

um... i'm in Australia, unfortunately there are no bald eagles over here at all. It is an Australian sea eagle.

I would love to be able to photograph a bald eagle but i would need to find one in a zoo :(

um... i'm in Australia, unfortunately there are no bald eagles over here at all. It is an Australian sea eagle.

I would love to be able to photograph a bald eagle but i would need to find one in a zoo :(

lol...ok...my bad. You can ignore me. :) I'm tired and saw bald eagle for some reason...not seaeagle...

I like the first a lot.

First of all - good for you for getting up early and capturing those shots. To make it in this world no matter what it is , you have to be motivated.

I like the first shot - little dark at the bottom but I appriciate how hard it is to get a photograph of the direct sun. Like the cloud formation below - almost gives it a haunting look.

Birds are hard to capture, he is far away...but the shot is clear. I have found any shot I have tried to take of a bird in flight comes out shaky.

The third shot is nice but this will sound pretty bad - I think I would have preferred it without the bird. I like the silhoutte of the post against the colorful sky. For me, I think the bird with his white chest takes away from that silhoutte.

The colours in that third shot rawk! And I like how there are many 'lines' in the photo (horizontal clouds, vertical mast and diagonal support wires).

Sounds like you had a great time. Man this takes me down memory lane.
Looks like maybe you haven't had your camera long and are in the experimentation phase, good on ya! Just keep banging away and experimenting and before you know it you will be turning out some great stuff.

Thanks all. your right, i've only been taking photo's for just on 5 months so very new to it all. i aslo dont like getting up before the sun at all so this was a shot i dont get all the time. I understand about the bird but unfortunately this was his nest and he was not leaving it for me, i did however get a shot in the middle of the day when he took off with his mum.

Most reactions

Back