Sunset at the Mojave River

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
429-5x7-c7135.jpg

Ditto! Beautiful shot! Great color!

Simply gorgeous. There's a zigzag aspect to the composition that is pleasing to the eye. I love the bare tree branches breaking the horizon, silhouetted against that vivid sky, reflected in the rippled waters, and then the flattened grasses in the foreground....it all makes for such a winning combination. :heart:

i'm jealous.
mojave is one place i have to visit before i die. the earlier the better.
beautiful photo, too ;)

Thanks everyone. I've been at this a few years now. I've tried to see every bit of the Mojave from one mountain range to the other side from the other side. There's so much of it. 51,000 square miles. And it's the smallest of the American Deserts. Danm. I agree, everybody should drive through at least once though. I just got out of hand.

you made a nice blend of colors here

Nice shot. I like it.

This is a general comment and not a critique, but I read somewhere in a magazine that 'lines' shouldn't start / end in a corner... Is that a 'rule??' I think the shot works, so I don't put too much weight in it if it is a 'rule.'

I like this one a lot! :thumbup: The colors are great and the perspective is great too.

Thanks. It was such an awesome sunset. I got a few nice shots out of the session.

you made a nice blend of colors here

Thank you.

Nice shot. I like it.

This is a general comment and not a critique, but I read somewhere in a magazine that 'lines' shouldn't start / end in a corner... Is that a 'rule??' I think the shot works, so I don't put too much weight in it if it is a 'rule.'

I try to do my own thing, what in my experience has worked for me. In this case, the line does not come out of the corner exactly, but a bit above it. In the original uncropped image, the corner was much lower.

Hm. If I do a little screen crop, it actually does look a bit nicer cropped up higher with the water flowing in. This was cropped and processed for 5:7. I'll give it a try when I go through it again for 2:3, 4:5 etc. I learn something new everyday, like it or not. Thanks.

My wife read me a quote yesterday;

"Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it."
Henry David Thoreau

Most reactions

New Topics

Back