Sunset Flowers

jvgig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So this is my first submission for cc. I was just out playing around with my mom's sony p&s, so bear that in mind.

2422330686_743f21ea40_b.jpg

2422330468_512d413759_b.jpg

2422330126_b9490ed66d_b.jpg

thanks

I think these are very peaceful shots with a good mood and like them for that. The first you will hear is that they are underexposed to light. The shadow and highlights are not balanced with the shadow being very prevalent. This is not a bad thing at all. If you like it, you should experiment with it. But, learning balanced exposure first will make you more able to control it.

I really like how the shadow of the stamens on the flowers show through the petals. And, I like the DOF.

Thanks robitussin217.

I was going for the "glowing" flower in the sunset look. I got sick of taking pictures of the flowers with the sun to my back so I figured I would go to the other side and see what the lighting was like over there. I really liked the new shadows and details that were not available from the lighted side, so I decided to take a few. I especially liked the red veins of the leaves (3 and 4), and as robitussin217 pointed out, the shadows of the stamen. I think it gives the picture some extra character as opposed to just another sharp flower shot.

Any other opinions? Things to work on?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back