Kristen6877

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kristenmartin.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:hail: Aloha,
I'm doing my first model shoot at sunset soon. I tried searching the forum for some tips on how to get the lighting right but didn't find much. If anyone has any tips/ideas please feel free to post them or private message me. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Mahalo, Kristen Martin

I don't have much experience with lighting but I'd say bring your own lights, so you can adjust accordingly, also, make sure you factor in your flash brightness

Meter for the background, use fill flash to expose your subject.

Its nice to have an assistant who has an interest or an eye for photos...
.. to bounce ideas off of
.. to provide input on different perspectives... they will see things from a different angle throughout the shoot.
.. to hold reflectors
.. to assist or help direct the model.

In my case, it was a fashion student whose project I was shooting. I didn't have experience with models and she didn't have experience with photography. But we bounced ideas, helped the models, suggestion other perspectives that I missed, and help each other to a successful fun shoot. (it also took some of the pressure off of me as it made it a coorperative effort).

2 and 6 are my favorites. The others seem to be either cropped wrong/funny or the image was blurry.

Good tries none the less!

Looks like your flash was set to too high a zoom on the first three as faces and knees are dark but the stomachs are about right. I don't know what happened to the fourth one (green just doesn't work for me on skin). You missed with the flash (reflector?) again on the fifth and the last one looks generally overexposed but you most likely can bring it back with levels. Good taste in models! mike

Thanks for all of the advice - I appreciate all of it. Some of them look blurry because I tried to mess with Actions in PS (i'm still learning) and I used a glamour blur action. The greenish one is an acid action. The originals are all pretty clear. I should have posted them instead. I have 3 more shoots coming up this weekend so I'm going to try to incorporate all of the suggestions and then I will post some more. And yes - she was a great model!!

Most reactions

Back