Sunset

a4drvr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
sunt.jpg

Pleasant colours, pretty silhouettes, but you need a subject for your background. This is a great example of a YAPP, Yet Another Pretty Picture. But why? By the way, when you post a really wide photograph, most people won't be able to view the entire image at once. It also makes the resulting text really hard to read because everyone has to keep scrolling from side to side. This is especially annoying when posters don't use line breaks and instead write long blocks of text,
like I'm doing.

Hehe, I was thinking the same thing on both accounts. A pretty picture for sure, just nothing to focus on.

Also, the scrolling from side to side is annoying ;)

Nice picture, just needs something to make it stand out.

Nice shot - but the horizon needs to be much lower almost at the bottom. The big lump of almost black with no real detail overpowers the picture and destroys the balance.
Put a piece of paper along the bottom to mask it and have a look.

I like it even withou a subject in the background :)

I like this photo a lot. The scrolling is tough though, if you resize you might get some more comments.

I like the colors and the silhouettes. Very nicely done!

Cutting off the bottom helps. I would be happier if I saw some detail in the "weed" most of it looks out of focus (but then it could be my eyes). Very pleasant and warm.

I like the colors and the silhouettes too. However I do think it would be much more effective if you crop out most of the black.

Thanks for the replies, here is the same picture "revisited"

sunt1.jpg

Personally, I really like the new version of the pic. Not sure if it was intentional, but I really like how the weeds and the clouds both seem to move in a direction toward the upper right side of the photograph, keeps your eyes moving from left to right.

The only thing I would change (and this is not really a big deal) is the crop on the left side. The bush is cut off a little while there is extra space on the right side.

Overalll...well done.

Most reactions

Back