Super Actino Light Meter - not working

sergioiudicibus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Many of these older meters didn't have a battery at all, but worked via photovoltaic effect. I am assuming that the window is on the front of the unit, and that there is some kind of opening in the case, right? If not, are you are you metering the inside of the case?

Otherwise, it's either a battery issue or just busted.

Yes, the window is in front of the unit. It doesn't work outside of the case either... And there is no obvious space for batteries...

So I guess it's just busted. :er: Is it worth taking it to repair, or will the repair-man have to change everything inside it? Perhaps he has to change only the Photovoltaic material?

Thanks for the response! ;)
Sérgio.

I doubt anyone alive would know how to service one.

Is it worth taking it to repair

Absolutely not. There is one right now on ebay for 29.99£, which I'd imagine is a bit high. It's a rare meter, but I doubt it's a very valuable one.

I'd think by the time you pay for a repair, you may as well buy a Gossen Digisix or similar meter, and you can get a Sekonic Studio Deluxe on ebay for less than $40USD.

So. Yeah. Unless it has sentimental value, it's not worth it.

Perhaps he has to change only the Photovoltaic material?

It's far more likely that the meter part itself, not the sensor, is what is broken.

Well... It used to be my great-grandfather's... And it's so nice! There's a camera and photography restoration service store in town, with a great deal of experience with these meters... I'll see how much it costs. If it's too much, I'll be sure to buy a new (analog) Sekonic! Thanks!

Most reactions

Back