Superb article: how to generate high quality prints with inkjet printer

You're right. Bookmarked. Will have to read several times, though...

I marked it too. I have a Canon Pixma Pro and have never used it.

I marked it too. I have a Canon Pixma Pro and have never used it.

Rick,

I had problems printing with my Canon Pro 100 and eventually I downloaded the free Canon Print Studio Pro. (Canon U.S.A. Professional Imaging Products PIXMA PRO-100
Print Studio Pro is a plugin for LR or PS that takes over the printing (I never use the Print module) and does a great job.
I also got non-Canon ink from precisioncolors.com and have been reloading the Canon ink cartridges with great success.

(How to use it with non-Canon paper profiles is sort of undocumented but easily done)

Thanks Lew,
I'm thinking this will be my next project.... Been thinking
of getting some prints made anyway.

Thank you Lew and I agreed about the sentences "
Knowledge is power, as they say, or in the case of photography, knowledge is a better vision envisioned."
g.png

And yes Knowledge is everything.

Thanks for the link! I have been on a never-ending quest to produce the highest quality prints possible. I have been printing from Windows or Canon software since I haven't achieved the desired results from Lightroom. I am really looking forward to trying the plugin you recommend. Thanks again.

I have been wondering why I enjoy prints so much more than the same individual shot on a screen and several ideas have occurred to me but I don't yet know which one(s) are valid.

I enjoy the fact that the print is an actual thing, it has substance. Even the fact that it 'feels' substantial means something (I use 69# paper which is about 260 grams per square meter, typical copy paper is 75 gsm)

I can look at fine detail, up close, and it doesn't disappear into a blaze of blurry light and my viewing angle isn't constrained by the screen.

Somehow the print is more real just because of its tangibility and I'm no longer aware that the image is really only an electronic signal.

These three are really the same thing, I guess.

I was just looking at this video the other day and it seems to be along the lines of Lew's comments about the value of printing our images (related to earlier photographic processes).
Artists Alchemists Featured Artist Mark Osterman

For me the article makes it more complicated than it needs to be (and I wondered who is the site user who wrote it? not sure about the expertise of the person). I have a Canon Pixma (not the pro model) and the profile was the way I already had it set anyway so I didn't find it to be this complicated to do.

I've just found whether it's the darkroom or doing my own inkjet prints, I need a well composed, properly exposed image to start with or it makes for a lot of time and work and possibly spinning my wheels.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back