Surreal St. Lawrence Market - for C & C

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a photo of Market Street, next door to the St. Lawrence Market in Toronto. I took it from the raised deck of the market, in fact. This was taken with my wee Panny p & s. I wanted to really try to push the editing on this. Wondering what y'all think. Thanks.

RailingattheMarket-edit2a.jpg

I really like the processing. The contrast works perfectly here. I also like the sepia. To me it looks a little like there's an inconsistency between the sky and the rest of the image. The sky has a kind of degraded texture to it that works well with the overall image, I think. But in the details of the rest of the image, it's lost. I think if you could bring a more antique feel to the rest of the image as the sky has, it would work really well.

one of the few 'processed' images i have seen recently i really like...i am sure that is partially because it started out as a really great interesting photograph

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out too.

Choudhrysaab: I was standing on the upper deck at the south/west corner of the building, looking north up Market St. towards Front St.

Cheers,
D.

Most reactions

Back