TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
swan17b.jpg

wow!!!!

very nice shot :thumbup:

the water is amazing

Thanks...This swan has a bit of a story behind it. I was walking down a trail toward the river to get a shot of a large cement factory posed in front of snow capped mountains. Where the trail broke before the river I came upon this swan preening itself on the shore. I know zip about these birds but I'm guessing this was a youngster. It let me get within two or three feet with my camera before slowly waddling away...Very trusting, perhaps too trusting I thought. I then noticed two very large birds of prey directly above tis young swan. Me being me, I decided this young swan was in danger as I thought maybe the big eagles would have him for supper when I left. So I herded the swan into the river figuring he'd be safer there than on the land. The silly thing went in the water for a few moments and came back out. Nothing I did would deter him. Figuring it for an English speaking swan I pointed up to the big birds in the tree and told it they were very bad for his health. The swan seemed not to care so I left it at that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back