Switching from DX to FX after 3 months

That's what I thought...

So the decision to go to FX was a separate one from the purchase of the 70-200.

Some prefer telephotos on crop cameras.... but if FX is what you want, go for it.

I use my FX lenses on both of my DX bodies.

I will one day go to an FX body, but I will take my time.

You have some sort of inside info on what Nikon's newest FF cameras are going to have?

I didn't say there's no difference, I said there's a tiny improvement in image quality, which there is. The D700 has some more dynamic range, and can bump up the ISO a bit higher. Take the cameras out into the daytime and take two pictures and you won't be able to tell the bodies apart unless you horrendously foul up the shot and need to "save it" in post processing. A camera body upgrade represents a ****load of money for a tiny gain in usability for existing lenses, and often differences that aren't field relevant if you're zooming at 100%.

My insider information from Nikon is that the next camera won't suddenly make your lenses have macro functionality, turn them into fisheyes, give you a 3x extra reach, increase your max aperture to 1.4, or provide you with an ultra wide field of view. Yet each of these can be obtained with an investment in a lens for a fraction of the cost of a new body and open up a whole new world of photography rather than just an "ooooh look I can take photos now with the lights dimmed a little lower"

Most reactions

Back