Sync Cords and Adapters

dirty1thirdee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've decided to buy a Nikon 10.5mm fisheye, so I won't be able to afford pocketwizards for a while. I want a cheap, wired flash setup. I have a D70s and a noname flash with no ports for plugs or anything, just a hotshoe. I want a 30 foot sync cord for my flash. What adapter do I need to hook a sync cord up to my camera, and is there an adapter that will allow me to fire two flashes? What type of plugs on each end does the cord need to have? What type of adapter do I need to attach my flash to a cord and a tripod?

Thanks for help.

the camera usually takes a hot shoe adapter giving you a pc end to plug a cord into. There is an adapter that lets you run two flashes off one cord it looks like a star kind thingie. Also lots of people buy a slave that fires the second flash from the light trigger of the first one.

Should be lots of information in the catelogues.

Browse the B&H site.
I have, I don't understand which cords will work with which adapters and what stuff I even need. Let me take a stab: do I need a hotshoe to PC adapter with a Wein safe-sync under it, and a 30 ft. cord with either male or female PC jacks on either end, and another PC to hotshoe adapter for the flash? I could be way off, please correct me if I am so I do not buy the wrong equipment.

You will need a safe-sync only if your flash unit has a trigger voltage which exceeds the recommended voltage limit for your camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back