T-MAX 100

Mr.goose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys

im a photography student in aus, just starting to think about my folio and have come to the decision to use T-Max 100 but i dont no what developer to use i was thinking maybe the tmax dev but at a more diluted stock

im looking for a fine grain low contrast . . .also been told about the hc110 developer . . what are people thoughts on this ?

im shooting on medium format 120

Thanks

Kodak probably suggests a specific developer for their T-Max film. The best place to start is usually with the film manufacturer's suggestion.

By doing this, you will have a standard against which to judge other developers, dilutions, etc.

Agreed. Kodak developers will give you a great starting point. TMax developer is usually diluted 1:4; I wouldn't start playing with higher dilutions until you're comfortable with it at the recommended dilution. D76, HC110 - all of them are good, and everyone has their favorites. :)

Start with one film and one developer and stick to it for several rolls so you know what you're getting, before branching out and trying several different ones.

thanks guys im going to shoot this weekend . . hope it dosent rain, looked at the tmax dev $37 a bottle. .my tutors have told me to go back to rodinal (i no agfa has gone out of business but who can say no to $3 a bottle) yeh ill try out diferent ones and give em a go

thanks

Most reactions

Back