t mount

unc417

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am new to photography and am looking for a lens. I'm still learning all the features of the camera and lenses, but found someone that is selling a 1300mm lens with a 2x magnifier adapter. He uses a tmount adapter to use it with his canon eos. I have a sony a100. From what I can put together, a tmount is used to adapt other lenses to your camera? If so, where can I find the right one to make this lens work for me?
thanks

It was a mount that allowed for adaptations to various camera mounts from the days of manual (pre-AF) cameras. It was found in a line of Tamron lenses and the precursor to the Adaptall mount.

First, there is no AF with these mounts. Completely manual and you should understand the disadvantages using such lens on your body.

Second, the 1300mm (pheonix/samyang are typical branding) I see often are (fleabay) garbage. You'd be better off adapting your camera to a telescope.

Now I'm not saying al T-mount lenses and Adaptall mount lenses are garbage. My favorite macro is the Tamron 90mm f/2.5 macro in Adaptall used on a Pentax mount DSLR. Good glass is expensive and there's a reason why a 1200mm Canon L lens of good quality costs close to $100k.

Most reactions

Back