Tagging

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Question: is there some way that I can tag threads that I view so I do not repeat myself when I go through the listings? I’m aware of the small arrow indicating that I have posted to a thread. At my age the memory is short. :wink:
Thanks,
Paul

When I come to the forum in the mornings, the first thing I do is go to the USER CP ... that will show me all the threads in which I have posted before (and as you know, I post a lot of questions and thus hope for some active communication, i.e. replies to my questions, i.e. a real conversation about the photo of the thread), so I can see what has been new to all those threads overnight.

I think the "subscribe to thread"-function is default, so this should work for you, too.

Before I leave each time...I got up to 'quick links' and then click 'Mark Forums Read'...then when I come back...only the threads with new posts are highlighted/bold. That way, I know what's new...

Big Mike said:
Before I leave each time...I got up to 'quick links' and then click 'Mark Forums Read'...then when I come back...only the threads with new posts are highlighted/bold. That way, I know what's new...

What you’re suggesting works for specific forums….ok, what about individual threads, like this one. Is there a way to mark it so that I know not to open it again?

Thanks.

It should work the same way.

If you 'mark forum read'...then when you come back later and are in a forum, looking at the thread titles...the ones with new posts will be bold...and have a small 'v' looking icon that signifies that new posts are in that thread.

Thanks, guys…..I also realize that unread threads are a darker red, when reading the thread it is a brighter red and when the next thread is clicked to opened the one that was read turns black….so great.

Again thanks for the tips. :D

Or you could do what I do...and just click on 'new posts' every time you come back to the site...(well actually, I have the 'new posts' in my favorites list...so that I can just go directly there).

Of course...I come back every hour or so during the day...otherwise, it would be too hard to go through the new posts.

Big Mike said:
Or you could do what I do...and just click on 'new posts' every time you come back to the site...(well actually, I have the 'new posts' in my favorites list...so that I can just go directly there).

Of course...I come back every hour or so during the day...otherwise, it would be too hard to go through the new posts.

I like that best.....!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back