Take all pictures with the same settings

lelavadee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone!

I am sure this question has been asked before, but I have no idea how to phrase it.
Now, when I take pictures, I change the settings (shutter speed, aperture) on my camera every time the light on the model is different. I shoot in manual.
Next week I'll have to help a friend by taking pictures of the people at his party. It's both in and outside.
I see that most party photographer have the same settings every picture they take. I wonder how I can do this? Should I shoot in manual and are there any other tricks for it?

I hope it's clear what I mean and otherwise please ask me!
Thank you :)

If you are shooting indoors with a compatible flash in TTL/ETTL mode, that might work because camera and flash talk and flash power is adjusted as required. Is this what you are seeing?

You could go halfway between manual exposure and auto... You could use aperture priority outside to keep your lens in the ideal aperture for sharp images then switch to shutter priority when you're indoors and find a shutter speed that lets you stop enough action without blur and let the camera do some of the thinking for you. This lets you shoot more pictures with less time spent adjusting exposure manually for every shot. Granted, if you're not satisfied with your settings along the way, there's no reason why you can't adjust on the fly either.

I see that most party photographer have the same settings every picture they take.

Have you seen their pictures? Are they making good photographs? Are they using flash?

If you don't mind editing your photographs, you can make adjustments for bad exposures, etc.

This is a 6 month old post being revived by someone with a post count of 1.

Most reactions

Back