Taken for me and by me (warning: subject inherently beautiful)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just had to take this, despite all my resolutions never to go about our garden and take any new flower photos :roll:

grnmitlila.jpg

Sometimes I just cannot contain myself...

Glad you did, love the composition and background.

The lines lead my eye around the image nicely. Colours are just gorgeous. DOF choice and focus is spot on. I'm with the others. Keep on making stuff like this!

Holy purple flower, thats one of the best flower photos I have ever seen. Great work!

Thank you all and I shall go out and say Thank You to the flower, too, for growing this nicely, ok? For actually, what did I do but "snap"? It's the flower that is so nice!

What a beauty? I am ravished. That's so good of you to share it with us.

PS: You have done some fine work in PS to get the glossy look on the background.

Oh, Ravi, sorry to disappoint you, but - erm :oops: - this is just one of those photos that did not undergo any PS treatment at all, other than resizing and putting up the frame :oops:

I'm really glad you took this... I must have a hundred of these in my backyard, but they don't look this nice. Wonderful! And I always enjoy flower shots... every once and a while.

ooooooh you like color;) I love that! I hope you don't mind but the DOF has just a tiny bit of noise........I'm so amature and I know your a brilliant photographer cause I've seen it. I'm very new and have seen alot your work and I don't want to step on your toes.........the flower is beautiful though:wink:

Yes, Vaporous, I guess you see right, I just went to check the data on the three (totally identical) photos I took of that flower, and the ISO was set to 1600 for all - and here I was, thinking that the first was taken at only 400 ISO. But this flower was in deepest shadows, and with the lens pulled out all the way so I would get into its macro function, I needed a lot more light than I had previously thought.

All three look very alike and I THINK this one is the f9.0/1/125sec photo, after which I thought, hang on, this is too slow for the length of the lens, and then went to f5.6 and 1/400 sec, but those show even more noise than this one does.

I could have put this through NeatImage but ... didn't :scratch: !?!?? For some reason......... :scratch: !?!??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back