Tamron 150-600 first attempts

birdbonkers84

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nice set. Takes some getting used to.

Nice picture and details. Bird's legs on #5 look odd, did you rotate the picture 90 degrees ? Thanks for sharing

Nice set. Takes some getting used to.

Thanks! Yes it will, but will be worth it!

Nice picture and details. Bird's legs on #5 look odd, did you rotate the picture 90 degrees ? Thanks for sharing

Thanks! No rotation, just a slight crop - these guys have nested on my neighbours roof. I hadn't noticed the male sparrows foot, its blurred I guess because my shutter speed wasn't high enough.

Nice shots. I have the g2 version and after shooting hand held for 30 minutes or so the weight of that lens starts to be noticeable lol

Nice shots. I have the g2 version and after shooting hand held for 30 minutes or so the weight of that lens starts to be noticeable lol

Thanks!

Yes so true from the little time I've used it. I'm hoping after a few months my arms will be used to carrying it around.

If you have any tips to pass down from using the lens I'm all ears!

Looks pretty good for New Gear. Always a bummer when you don't have adequate battery power period I hope you get a charger soon.

Nice Set I am really loving mine,I like it better then the sigma 150-600 Contemporary I had.The VC rocks and the focus has been quick and accurate. I read mixed reviews and some saying its soft through out its focal range and couldn't be further from the truth.So either they got bad copy's or just don't use the lens properly.Now take the price tag and look at what you get for the money, a rock solid performing long lens with adequate lighting.

My Tamron 150-600 ver 1 is soft when wide open through the focal range.
But use at f/8 and it's sharp.

Nice test shots.

Almost all consumer lenses are never tack wide open and stopping down is more desirable for wildlife shooting IMO.My Nikon AF-S 300mm f/4 is very sharp wide open but by f/5.6 it is tack.now with my Kenko 1.4 TC its sharp at 5.6 and tack again by f/8. Trade off but worth it for the extra reach.

Nice set.
You do get used to using heavier lenses.

Thanks!

Looks pretty good for New Gear. Always a bummer when you don't have adequate battery power period I hope you get a charger soon.

Thanks, got a charger last night... Gonna look over my Amazon receipt because I would of thought when buying a body even if its used you would at least get the charger and body cap!

Thanks!

My Tamron 150-600 ver 1 is soft when wide open through the focal range.
But use at f/8 and it's sharp.

Nice test shots.

Thanks!

I think I read that somewhere will need to test it this weekend!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back