Tamron VS 80D

SuzukiGS750EZ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. My tamron 150-600 g2 has been giving me issues where at the long end it will focus in and out fast like it's focus hunting but will never lock. It went to tamron with the camera body, they did some adjustment of the AF system and "repaired" components. Came back to me and it was doing it again, although not to the point it was before. Do you think this is a lens issue, or a camera body issue? Any way to troubleshoot this without it doing it on it's own? Or any variables that would help me figure out if it's even an issue or just a fact of life?

I would find another Canon body and try it. If it does the same thing. Then it's a bad lens.

Got it on video!

Video link not working for me at the moment. It could be blocked by my company.

But is there anyone with a Canon you know that you can try it on? Did you mail order it or buy local? If you bought it local, that store should let you use another body in the store to try it.

Also is the lens doing it at all focal lengths and aperture settings? Or just at the longer end, like the camera might not be getting enough light to the AF sensor?

Got it on video!

Video link not working for me at the moment. It could be blocked by my company.

But is there anyone with a Canon you know that you can try it on? Did you mail order it or buy local? If you bought it local, that store should let you use another body in the store to try it.

Also is the lens doing it at all focal lengths and aperture settings? Or just at the longer end, like the camera might not be getting enough light to the AF sensor?
Just at the longer end. I've had it 8 months, flawless for 7 out of the 8 and now this

Most reactions

Back