Tamron

Shamrock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well time for a new lens and have been really looking hard at the new Tamron SP 28-75mm F2.8 XR Di LD-IF Autofocus Zoom Lens for Minolta Maxxum. It"s only about $370 US , bit more in Canada , that sucks :D and i just wanted to put a few quick questions out there ...1) even though i know this is a newer lens i was wondering if any one has used it and what they thought of it if they have. And 2nd i see that it"s "DI" improved for digital cameras , i use the minolta maxxum 7 and just wanted to know if the lens will work on it as normal ? I ask because i know that the digital camera lens can give you more then normal focal lengths , the 28-75 on a dig cam would be longer IE: 35-85 (this is just a guess) photozone give the Tamron AF 2.8 28-75mm LD XR Aspherical SP a very good rating http://www.photozone.de/bindex2.html i figure the di can't change the lens much but i am unsure how much trust i can put in that. Thanks for all your help guys and gals!

~~Sham~~

I have this lens in Pentax mount and it lives on my camera.

You shouldn't have a bit of trouble using it on film. The Di rating just optimizes how the light strikes the microlenses in a digital SLR. Should have no effect of film at all.

Oh, and the FOV crop makes this a 42-112 on my Pentax. Little long on the short end, but it works.

You say the FOV crop makes it a 42-112 ...so does that mean only on a dsrl or is it going to be that way on my srl maxxum 7 as well ? because i am thinking of getting this lens more for the 28mm end of it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back