tannenbaum

walter23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
tannenbaum.jpg

Weird tree colours are from two different coloured street or building lights in the area.

photobug said:
Very nicely done. How many did you have to shoot to get the trails centered?

None, though I had to freeze my ass off for a few minutes trying to get polaris lined up with the treetop (which is hard, since the viewfinder is too dim to really see stars properly). You can find polaris by looking for the big dipper, following the line made by the two stars furthest away from the 'handle' "up" until you get to the first bright star.. bingo, polaris.

<pre>
* (polaris - the north star)

. . . . . (dipper)
. .

</pre>

very interesting, i like it alot, although i myself, is having a hard time figuring out whats goin lol...
or wait is that snow falling ?

PreludeX- it's a long exposure of the night sky. The lines are the stars, which appear to move as the earth revolves.

In this case Walter has the north star lined up perfectly, so the tracks of the stars are circular. If you used a long enough exposure the tracks could theoretically join into a full circle.

Neat stuff.

photobug said:
PreludeX- it's a long exposure of the night sky. The lines are the stars, which appear to move as the earth revolves.

In this case Walter has the north star lined up perfectly, so the tracks of the stars are circular. If you used a long enough exposure the tracks could theoretically join into a full circle.

Neat stuff.
wow, crazy, thats still awesome!!

Most reactions

Back