Targus Battery Grip For Grip For D40

VltnDennis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is it really worth the money? i mean since nikon doesnt make one for the d40/d60.

I had one, it was pretty decent... has the portrait mode shutter release as well, although it only works like a remote control via the infrared sensor.

I got mine for $98 at Wal Mart but you can find them for about $40-$50 online.

Another bonus is they come with an adapter to use AA batteries in a pinch.

i have a grip for my d40.. and I use it simply to add bulk to the camera, not for the vertical grip.. (and its great that it can hold 2 batteries)

If your buying it because you want the vertical shutter, its not really worth it, because these work just like a remote.. there is a sensor on the grip which triggers just like a remote would do, which means, you can only shoot in remote mode.. which was a big pain in the arse for me.. also I found that, when your outside.. it doesn't do a great job in really bright sunlight.. because the sunlight is brighter than the sensor light being omitted.

If your buying it simply to add bulk to your camera, and so that you can have the extra battery, then it is worth it.. but, if its for the vertical shutter.. not worth it

i have one and i like it. it makes it much more comfortable to handle, especially with larger (zoom) lenses. really helps balance it.
but as others have said. not worth it really for only the vertical shutter. you have to switch to remote mode so going back and fourth is a pain.

like everyone else. if its for the handling the i would definiatly go for it.

yeah i've done my research about. mainly i just wanted to get one because of the extra battery life and also because it makes the camera much comfortable.

Pretty much i think all the ones on ebay are the same , locally radioshack has them for $99 but they are at like $50 on ebay

i got mine on ebay for $35.. phototix i think is what its called

Is the finish on the Targus comparative to that of the Nikon camera? And can you still continue to use your actual shutter button rather than that on the grip? And last question... What do you do with the battery door?

Is the finish on the Targus comparative to that of the Nikon camera? And can you still continue to use your actual shutter button rather than that on the grip? And last question... What do you do with the battery door?

finish is black.. but its got a different texture.. yes, you can still use your regular shutter button, and the battery door comes off, and there is a place to store it in the grip, so you dont loose it

Yeah, it's pretty close actually.

Yes you can.

Put it in the holder built into the grip.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I was actually looking at that one on ebay BUT i dont know about the whole socket thing. I'd rather buy one with the el9's but thats just me

Socket thing?

They should all take 2 standard D40 batteries, the adapter is for an optional 'just in case' AA backup source.

The one nikon guy posted does not run on AA or el9 batteries , thats what im talking about lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back