Ten dollar lens

Patrice

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
There is a pawn shop on the way home and today I had a bit of time and stopped in. They had a Nikkor 35-70 f2.8 AF D (push/pull with macro ring) tagged at 50 bucks. So I act like all cool and ask the kid behind the counter what's wrong with it, it's all scratched up he says, well let's have a look I say. I notice the uv on it, no lens cap, and indeed the filter is really scratched up and is really tight on the lens. I guess the kid does not know much about lenses. I offered 10 for it and he sold it to me. I got the filter off with a bit of elbow grease and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this piece of glass, not even a blemish on the barrel. I put it on the D70 and it works a charm. Just got to figure out what to do with it now.;) Sometimes you just get lucky I guess.

Cool deal. The shops around here never have any name brand photo equipment. I do stop in and buy tons of used Cd's for $3 or 10 for $20.

I have the 35-70 f/2.8 and LOVE IT!!!

You just got an almost $500 lens for about 98% off. awsome.

Seriously though, the 35-70 f/2.8 is one of Nikon's best zoom lenses.

Here is a test image taken with this 'cheap' lens - D70 as jpeg only, to be used in a web catalog.

12264-QuiltKit.JPG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back