thanks to you all

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
this website is a great place to be, for me that is. i know many of you already know what ive come to realize recently; good people live here!

my schedule does not allow for much socializing, so my family and a few choice friends is all i have time for currently. now dont get me wrong, im completely happy with that, but meeting new people and sharing an interest, such as photography, is important in everyones life. i keep reflecting back on what someone said a few weeks ago about the forum having individuals, in clicks, that tend to stick together and only comment on each others posts or something like that; and recently a coworker suggested the forum was full of needy people looking for attention in a cyber peyton place. (he works out of the country now...;) wink to Alison), anyways, maybe it is, maybe it isn't, i don't know. all i know is that i have found a unique group of individuals - across the board - that i believe to be honest in their photographic beliefs, constructive criticism and common decency in lending a helping hand. this is the only reason im here. ive been part of other forums and the camaraderie found here is unparalleled. even when i was recently away i received a few emails of concern. pretty awesome, eh?

oh well, thanks to everyone in this forum for being part o fmy life and everything you do; be it post great pics, lend helping advice, leave a funny website to visit or whatever, and to those of you who come in briefly and try to piss us off...only makes us stronger ;). reminds me of the flag i found in the american history museum the other day that draped the pentagon on 9-11-01:

20079460-S.jpg

(sorry, i post pics around here occasionally)

anyways, sorry....i tend to ramble. thanks again, i love you guys and mom, you're the best!

How do you even start a response to a post like that??

You are definitely one of the great contributors to TPF and are a huge part of what makes this site so great! TPF would not be the same without you.

Mush ends here! :lol:

Great post, JonMikal! I haven't found a better group of people on the net, either. And this group wouldn't be the same without ya! :hug::

Dunno if I'm in the right clique to post on this thread or not....;)

But I really enjoy looking at your images JonMikal. I truly hope that which has made you reflective and melancholy turns out for the best.

Couldn't have said it any better myself, son ;)

I'm so glad you're a part of TPF. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for you....because you know, I was needy and looking for attention and you compliment me on my photos :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I think we are needy....as artists we need others who understand. People who take the time to help us learn and to enjoy the journey with us. Finding a group of caring people who look beyond just the photograph to the artist that created it is rare. TPF has helped me both artisticaly and personally. I've met friends that I know will be a part of my life for a long time to come.

Thank you for finding the time to share your vision with us. You are truly an inspiration to me on many levels. And as the TPF mother I could not be more proud of my son :mrgreen: Give those grandbabies a hug from me! :)

Well, if it means anything to ya, I'm always here for you! :mrgreen:

It really is great to have you here JM, you're really one of the only reasons why I actually stayed. Just one person can make a big difference.

It's great to have you here!

(I should really start taking more pictures... I've been slacking off) :meh:

JonMikal I think you've expressed things spot on here ... I've never belonged to a forum that I felt as comfortable and accepted in as tpf ... the community here is strong and dedicated and caring ... it's one of a kind in my books as well :hugs:

I'm guilty of only looking at photos posted by certain users most of the time. It's hard to keep up with all the new posts most of the time and when you find someone you like you tend to look at theirs first. You're one of them JonMikal. I'm sure if you held some type of lesson the users here would be banging at your door trying to be part of the class.

Bah! I'm far too tired to get all sappy.

Thanks for this thread, Jon. You're not the first one to be struck by - and want to comment on - the unique cameraderie that has developed here, and you won't be the last. ;) But that doesn't make what you're saying any less valuable. :heart:

We're all busy in our off-line hours; it IS wonderful to be able to come here, share common interests, and to be able to look at and learn from some of the fabulous contributors we have here. :thumbup:

Thanks for the reminder! :D

Well said Jon :) I was just recently thinking about this myself, I just didn't have the nerve to post it ;) You are one of the most encouraging people here, and you pictures often make me go out and shoot. Sometimes when I get to a place to take some shots I think to myself, How would Jon do it? :) Your work and many members here inspire me to continue to do what I love. I just hope that eventually I can have that effect on people, the way that many of you have had on me :) Oh and I'm very glad your back, I will admit along with Ferny that I look at posts by certain folks, and yours are always first on the list!!! So thanks for the inspiration, and that goes to everyone!!!

Leave it up to JM to have the best words and or photos!!!!! TPF is an amazing place (sanctuary). Big up to the mods and the truley amazing photos posted by everyone. Keep 'em comin'.

I agree. Jon, this is one of the coolest places I have ever been. Period. I was quickly welcomed here, encouraged, and prodded to work harder. Now granted I have seen my share of leg humping and hoola dances (probably even coerced into acting in a few), but it only adds class to this place. I always find myself coming back here even when I'm so busy i can't even surf ebay for cheap cameras or go kick the hacky sack around. Not only that but as a group we are EVER SO resourceful. Kind of empowering no? There are some incredible folks here and I only wish we all lived on the same street so we could have a big fat BBQ and play volley ball. Hertz could do the cooking! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back