That's it, I'm done. I'm completely finished...

Slaphead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...with buying kit this year. I dread to think how much I've spent this year and quite frankly it's got to stop.

Oh and the new member of the family is Mr "AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED" - quite a snappy name for a Nikon lens.

With spring coming up I can see some good opportunities to use this lens.

Really I don't see what else I need now. Well perhaps another SB600, 35mm prime, bigger kit bag, reflector, diffuser - s**t this hobby is just a money pit.

s**t this hobby is just a money pit.

I started this hobby on February 2 of THIS YEAR. My initial purchase was $600 for the D40 with two lenses and a memory card.

$1000 later (3 lenses, SB-600, tripod, bag, filters, battery grip, and 4 books) ...

I hear ya. This is an expensive hobby. I started last August. Started with just a D40 + 18-55 kit lens. The aresonal grows and the wallet shrinks. I got to figure out a way to start making some money out of this hobby, otherwise the wife may put the axe down on buying more.

see there is no end to it!
once you think your there - BANG - some new bit of kit or area of interest appears and away the monies go again ;)

Each time I think that I have the right setup I see another variation or a situation where I could use something different and away goes the monies.
Still I try to keep a list of things that I want and stick to it - often I find it easier to plany a longer way ahead - that way there is always something big that your saving for to help you limit your lower level spending. (ps big things can be anything not just photogrpahy gear - though it seems to be my case at the moment)

Thank god i dont have very much money!

I get birthday money and christmas money....heaven forbid I get a good paying job...a 14 year old kid with lots of money, and access to 3 camera stores within 30 miles....and the internet.....
I would have my money planned out for the first 6 years before I even thought about vars or houses or college. :D

Last Sunday I saw a great sale on a D200 body. $800 later I have a new DSLR body and a new lens, and sadly I know it's only beginning. Should I buy a 20mm f/2.8 Ai-S or the 35mm f/1.8 DX next? What about some strobes? Sunpak 444Ds aren't that expensive, but then they need triggers . . . What about a macro?

At least be thankful that you spent your money on one of the best micro lenses out there rather than a brand new four-year-old camera body (at least it was sort of cheap).

That's it, I'm done. I'm completely finished...with buying kit this year.
Okay.

And I've got this bridge I was thinking of unloading............

Interested?

:lmao:

Here's a tip.
Stay off the forums !! And just go out and shoot with what you have.
These forums are the devil. Heck if I were an equipment manafacturer I would use my advertising budget to subsidize every forum related to my product, because they steal our souls and turn us into monstersumers.

I am on special pills to ward off the evil of forums. It's been 2 months since my last purchase.;)

I know how you feel. Just go enjoy the lens, I am waiting for the 70-200s replacement, which I am saving for.

...with buying kit this year.
[...]
Really I don't see what else I need now.

I'm sure with almost 9 months left in the year you'll find something else you 'need', lol.

I dare you to go 9 months without buying something!
...I don't think it's possible...

Here's a tip.
Stay off the forums !! And just go out and shoot with what you have.
These forums are the devil. Heck if I were an equipment manafacturer I would use my advertising budget to subsidize every forum related to my product, because they steal our souls and turn us into monstersumers.

I am on special pills to ward off the evil of forums. It's been 2 months since my last purchase.;)
Thats a great tip
I almost forgot what it felt like to go out and just do nothing for the entire day, but shooting photos. I haven't really been able to do that since basketball got over, I've only been able to do short shoots and small projects for photo class.
Also with ready how much people lover some lens, i have planed out how im going to spend my money for like the next 20 years.
I HATE PHOTOGRAPHY.....:grumpy::x:(
JK :lol::lmao::lol::lmao:

how much are said pills?

I have recently added a Plamp, reflector and a stake monopod (gotta research this last one) to my to get list!
heck I have not even got the last few things I ordered!

and then there is camo gear !!

how much are said pills?

I have recently added a Plamp, reflector and a stake monopod (gotta research this last one) to my to get list!
heck I have not even got the last few things I ordered!

and then there is camo gear !!

Oh lithium is cheap if you have insurance :lmao::lmao:

but seriously, sounds like your photography hobby is a bit more involved than mine. No special telephotos or camo gear, no super lightweight tripods or studio setups, none of that for me to worry about right now. I am suddenly quite content with 2 fast primes and a good body.

We'll see how long that lasts though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back